This is a discussion on How to transfer TiVo shows to Kindle Fire HD without quality loss within the Pavtube Software Studio forums, part of the Supporting Vendors category; If you've backed up lots of TiVo recordings on your PC, why not transfer TiVo shows to your Kindle Fire HD 7" or the 8.9" ...
If you've backed up lots of TiVo recordings on your PC, why not transfer TiVo shows to your Kindle Fire HD 7" or the 8.9" model for watching on the go? The process isn't actually that difficult, here I would throw this quick tutorial up on how to enable Kindle Fire HD to play recorded TiVo TV shows smoothly.
Get your TiVo shows Ready
Before the process, you'd make sure the TiVo shows have been transferred to your PC or Mac. If not, you can follow a simple tutorial as following:
Transfer TiVo recordings to PC with TiVo desktop - Just For windows. If you're using a Mac, you can follow a tutorial here.
Transferring TiVo recordings to PC is easy and straight-forward. All you need is a freeware by TiVo. Connect the TiVo box with your home network, and run TiVo Desktop. Click on "Pick Recordings to Transfer". Check the box next to the title of the show (or shows) you want to transfer and click on "Start Transfer". Transfer times vary, but may be as long as the show's duration to complete the transfer.
Convert TiVo Shows to Kindle Fire HD friendly MP4 videos
After transferring to computer the TV shows are saved as .tivo files. The .tivo format, however, is kind of protected MPEG-2 video. The Kindle Fire HD, however, plays neither protected shows nor MPEG-2 video. That's why you need to encode TiVo to MP4 video (720p or 1080p). See below how to convert TiVo shows to Kindle Fire HD playable videos.
Step 1. Download and install Pavtube Video Converter (Alternative Mac version) to your PC. Launch it and press "Option" button. Switch to "TiVo" tab in Option window, and enter TiVo Media Access Key.
Tip: How to find your Media Access Key on TiVo: Go to "TiVo Central" menu >> "Messages and Set Up" "Account and System Information", and your Media Access Key would be there.
Step 2. Drag and drop TiVo shows to the main interface for converting.
Click "Format" bar, you can get optimized videos for Kindle Fire HD under Android > Amazon Kindle Fire HD H.264(*.mp4). The output videos could fit on your device perfectly.
Step 3. After above settings, you can start the TiVo shows to Kindle Fire HD MP4 conversion. Once the process completes, locate the files and transfer and copy the converted MP4 videos to your Amazon tablets. If you have no idea about Kindle Fire HD file transfer, you can check out the post Synchronizing Your Content files (Videos, Pictures, Music) to Kindle Fire HD to learn more.
Tips: If you like, you can click "Settings" to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish. According to my experience, the file size and video quality is based more on bitrate than resolution which means bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss, and vice versa. For watching videos on Kindle Fire HD, 720p with 1500~2000kbps is just all right.
PS. The process is based on Windows screenshots, the way encoding tivo shows to Kindle Fire HD on Mac (Mountain Lion) is almost the same.
Not an Kindle Fire HD user? Converter also supports "common" video formats like MOV, M4V, and MP4, so you should be able to create files compatible with your iPad Mini, the new iPad, iPhone, Microsoft Surface RT, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Galaxy Tab 2, Nook HD tablet, Asus Transformer Prime and other devices.
About Pavtube Video Converter
Pavtube Video Converter is a powerful video converter that lets you effortlessly convert your video and audio files to and from virtually any regular video/audio format for play on iPhone, iPad, iPod, HTC, Samsung, Google Nexus 7, Asus Transformer, Microsoft Surface RT etc. In addition, the built-in editor lets you personalize your videos before the conversion.
- Convert to and from any common video or audio format
- Provide video presets for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android, Windows RT/8 device and more
- Trim, crop, rotate, merge videos, etc. editing functions are available
- 30X faster conversion speed with NVIDIA? CUDA? and AMD?
Note: Now Pavtube Video Converter comes with a bundled Streaming Server app (free) that can stream any audio and video files from your PC to Android, Windows and iOS devices, letting you play local video to Android tablets, smartphones, Windows slabs, etc over wireless network.
1. If you have any issues when enjoying videos on your Kindle, just check the Kindle Fire HD Column - Basic Tips for Viewing Movies on Kindle Fire HD to get solution. Or pls contact with email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information. You also can leave a message on Pavtube Community or Pavtube Facebook, we will answer your questions as soon as possilble.
2. If your movie isn't already in one of the Amazon Kindle supported formats or it's still on a DVD or a Blu-ray, you can get the 20% OFF DISCOUNT Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate (or the 20% OFF iMedia Converter Mac)which can help you rip Blu-ray/DVD, and convert various formats of 720p/1080p HD videos in MKV, AVI, TiVo, VOB, MPG, MTS, etc. to your Kindle Fire HD 7, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, the original Kindle Fire and other Android os tablets/phones for smoothly playing.