Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Enable Kindle Fire HD to Play WMV Videos

This is a discussion on Enable Kindle Fire HD to Play WMV Videos within the Pavtube Software Studio forums, part of the Supporting Vendors category; Alternative Way For Finding Kindle Fire HD Video player that support WMV files The build quality of Amazon's Kindle Fire HD is awesome. The screen ...

Member #

Enable Kindle Fire HD to Play WMV Videos

Alternative Way For Finding Kindle Fire HD Video player that support WMV files

The build quality of Amazon's Kindle Fire HD is awesome. The screen is a bit smaller but really crisp for enjoying HD videos. When you tried to get your own videos ported over to your Kindle Fire HD for viewing, you may met similar problems as below:

KINDLE FIRE HD: Video player that support WMV files?

I tired 4 apps and none seem to recognize WMV files for KINDLE FIRE HD. Anyone have name of APP i can download?

We got the quoted words from one of the Kindle Fire HD user who wanna play WMV on the 7" tablet and are looking forward to finding a video player app that can support the .wmv format videos. I also hope an answer gets posted here! I visit a lot of sites that have wmv videos embedded and the Fire cant play them. I've tried lots of video player apps from Amazon store, but finally I failed. Fortunately, I found a great tutorial for you, guranteed to get WMV files playable on Kindle Fire HD by transcoding WMV to MP4 videos. It's much easier than you may think with some help from a easy-to-use video conversion app. If this is something you're interested in doing, read the full guide below.

Requirements

Before anything else, you have to download an video conversion app that you're using later, you're required to download and install:

Pavtube Video Converter (available for Windows or for Mac users). Get the Windows version here, and the Mac version here.

Instructions

The program which can be used an all-in-one video conversion app for for Kindle Fire HD. It can also help you encode/re-encode almost all 1080p/720p HD videos including MKV, AVI, MPG, MPEG, VOB MOV, TiVo, MTS etc. for Kindle Fire HD. Meanwhile the quality of the converted videos is as decent as possible as original. Below is how.

Guide: Converting WMV to MP4 for Kindle Fire HD

Step 1: Install and run the Kindle WMV Converter to your PC, Click "Add Video" or "Add from folder" to import your source materials in .wmv format. Batch conversion is supported so that you can add multiple files.

Step 2: Choose the output format. Click "Format" bar, you can get optimized videos for Kindle Fire HD under Android > Amazon Kindle Fire HD H.264(*.mp4). The output videos could fit on your device perfectly.

Tips: If you like, you can click "Settings" to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish. According to my experience, the file size and video quality is based more on bitrate than resolution which means bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss, and vice versa. For watching videos on Kindle Fire HD, 720p with 2000~2500kbps is just all right.

Step 3: After above settings, you can start the WMV to Kindle Fire HD MP4 conversion. Once the process completes, locate the files and transfer and copy the converted MP4 videos to your Amazon tablets. As you see, now you can effortlessly watch WMV videos on your Kindle Fire HD.

Member #
    Additional Tips:

1. If you have any issues when enjoying videos on your Kindle, just check the Kindle Fire HD Column - Basic Tips for Viewing Movies on Kindle Fire HD to get solution. Or pls contact with support@pavtube.com / macsupport@pavtube.com to get more information. You also can leave a message on Pavtube Community or Pavtube Facebook, we will answer your questions as soon as possilble.

2. If your movie isn't already in one of the Amazon Kindle supported formats or it's still on a DVD or a Blu-ray, you can get the 20% OFF DISCOUNT Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate (or the 20% OFF iMedia Converter Mac)which can help you rip Blu-ray/DVD, and convert various formats of 720p/1080p HD videos in MKV, AVI, TiVo, VOB, MPG, MTS, etc. to your Kindle Fire HD 7, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, the original Kindle Fire and other Android os tablets/phones for smoothly playing.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links