This is a discussion on Guide to Playing XVID/AVI videos on Kindle Fire HD smoothly within the Pavtube Software Studio forums, part of the Supporting Vendors category; Having problems when playing AVI videos on Kindle Fire HD? Find this easy guide. Any way to play XVID/AVI files on Kindle Fire HD? I ...
Having problems when playing AVI videos on Kindle Fire HD? Find this easy guide.
Any way to play XVID/AVI files on Kindle Fire HD? I transferred some XVID and AVI files to the "video" folder and the Gallery app can't play them. Anyone have ideas on how to fix this?
To some users who'd like to watch movies on the 7" or the 8.9" Kindle Fire HD will be great improvement for more vivid visual enjoyment. However, as you know, as the other Android tablets, there always exists the file format limit of the tablet. And the lastest Kindle gadget only supports MP4, and VP8 videos. Although there are many Android Video Player apps out there which help you enhance your movie-entertainment, but none of them provides perfect support for XVI/AVI formatted videos. The powerful powerful MoboPlayer doesn't make an exception, and for XVID/AVI files you'd have to look elsewhere, or convert.
Converting XVID/AVI to Kindle Fire HD is not a big hassle. It just takes a few steps, and only comes with some help from third-party software. Here is how.
First, Download and install Pavtube Kindle Fire HD Video Converter trial version to your PC or Mac
(Download here if you using Mac 10.5 or 10.6)
Overall, Pavtube Video Converter is very good and easy to use. It produces excellent results for AVI to Kindle Fire HD MP4 conversion. Besides XVID/AVI, you can use to encode/re-encode many other files including MXF, MKV, TS, TOD, MOD, FLV, F4V, AVI, QuickTime MOV, VOB, MP4, MPG, MPEG, ASF, MVI, VP6, EVO, VRO, DV, MP3, AC3, MKA, WMA, WAV, M4A, OGG, APE and more for personal use anywhere.
How to Convert XVID/AVI files to MP4 for Kindle Fire HD
The quick start guide below uses Video Converter Windows screenshots. The way to convert AVI/XVID videos to Kindle Fire HD on Mac is almost the same. Just make sure you get the right version according to your computer operating system.
1. Launch the excellent AVI to Kindle Fire HD Converter, and then click "Add Video" or "Add from folder" or just drag and drop to import your source materials. (Tips: The program supports batch converison so that you can add several files to convert at one time.)
2. Now choose the output format for playback with your Kindle Fire HD. You can get optimized videos for Kindle Fire HD under Format > Android > Amazon Kindle Fire HD H.264(*.mp4). The output videos could fit on your device perfectly. You can also click "Settings" to change the video encoder, frame rate, resolution, etc.
3. When you are satisfied with all the settings, you can click the big "Convert" button and let the software do the XVID/AVI to Kindle Fire HD MP4 video conversion.
Have no idea about how to send files to Kindle Fire HD? Just refer to the post "Transfer Media to Your Kindle Fire HD" to get the solution.
1. If you have any issues when enjoying videos on your Kindle, just check the Kindle Fire HD Column - Basic Tips for Viewing Movies on Kindle Fire HD to get solution. Or pls contact with firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com to get more information. You also can leave a message on Pavtube Community or Pavtube Facebook, we will answer your questions as soon as possilble.
2. If your movie isn't already in one of the Amazon Kindle supported formats or it's still on a DVD or a Blu-ray, you can get the 20% OFF DISCOUNT Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate (or the 20% OFF iMedia Converter Mac)which can help you rip Blu-ray/DVD, and convert various formats of 720p/1080p HD videos in MKV, AVI, TiVo, VOB, MPG, MTS, etc. to your Kindle Fire HD 7, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, the original Kindle Fire and other Android os tablets/phones for smoothly playing.