Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Will your smartphone usage change once getting a Fire

This is a discussion on Will your smartphone usage change once getting a Fire within the Off Topic Forum forums, part of the Off Topic Area category; I've posted a poll on the Galaxy Tab sister to this forum I moderate ( http://www.galaxytabforums.net/forum...ead.php?p=9122 ) to satisfy a curiosity in me and am ...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times

Will your smartphone usage change once getting a Fire

I've posted a poll on the Galaxy Tab sister to this forum I moderate ( http://www.galaxytabforums.net/forum...ead.php?p=9122 ) to satisfy a curiosity in me and am wondering if the same thing will happen once the Fire is released.
    I'm wondering with tablets getting so popular how it will affect smartphone sales, especially carrier contracted sales, and if manufacturers will once again bring back the dumbphone as a popular option in order to enhance revenues lost by many deciding to skip the next smartphone out of not needing anything beyond a phone calling/texting machine with a built in camera.
    I know there are many instances where wooping out the tablet in a situation will be gouche or not practical but what about the other 50% or more of the day I wonder.
    If my personal trend continues as is I know for myself I'm going to be looking at a possible decent dumbphone once my Incredible ever dies, due to my Tab being a do all alternative beyond photos, calls and texts.
    I'll be interested to see if others will find themselves using their smartphones less as well once they get a tablet, be it a Fire or other.
    Support Our Troops!!!

Sent from this Galaxy via Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I have my Xoom and take it wherever due to my job. do some light work. but it hasn't deter me from using my D2G. I doubt the Fire will chg it either. I like multi devices, each has its own special feature. I have the Nook Color also and its fine. but Tablets will be biggest thing because of comfort and size and portability

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Yah. I probably will use my smart phone a bit less at home. But I don't think I could replace my smart phone with a tablet. Although each smart phone I get keeps getting bigger in size. LOL

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Great topic!!

Short answer for me is it won't change how I use my smart phone

Long answer:
    For me this device [the Fire] will be a pure mobile reader/video/music player/web portal and lite gamer-player. Pure entertainment - no work.

My phone is my communications device that I use for calls and to send and receive e-mails [the web] but I don't surf the web with it outside of news sites when I travel. And GPS when I travel.
    I also use my phone to hold and display multi-media pdf's and designs sometimes on screen but mostly via the HDMI. I do this when I don't have my laptop which is my first choice for real work.

I totally understand why some people want to have one device that can do it all or who want to have fewer devices but I don't fall into that group so my phone usage won't change.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    When I got my Samsung Omnia I started using my desktop less often. When I got my Incredible my desktop usage dropped to almost none and I averaged about 10 hours of usage on it every day. I got an ipad hoping to do what my Inc will do but it fell woefully short so I got a Tab and use it for a lot of things I used to use my Inc for. Then I found Splashtop for the ipad, Inc and Tab and don't remember what my desktop tower case looks like anymore, I acess it remotely only now. I only use my phone for non call stuff when away from home because the Inc is more discreet and even then could probably use the Tab in about 80% of those instances if I carried it with me.
    Yes I agree the size of the newer phones will soon blur the lines between phone and tablet if they keep adding another 1/4 to 1/2 inch with each new release

Support Our Troops!!!

Sent from this Galaxy via Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I obviously can not say for certain. However, I probably spend 50% of my iPhone time on tapatalk. So, at least half of that time I imagine will go to the fire.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I suppose it'll change some. Currently I use my iPhone for everything: Facebook/Twitter, games, some Netflix watching, Kindle book reading, and music/podcast listening. The Netflix and Kindle reading will definitely move to the K Fire, but I'll continue to use my phone for music & podcasts. I'll use both for games since some games I like to play aren't available on the Android platform. (No Tiny Wings? Argh!)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have a Droid 2 Global and since I have received my Fire I actually only use my phone for calls and texts!!!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links