Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

New member, cannot successfully add a network

This is a discussion on New member, cannot successfully add a network within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Welcome to the site. Hope you get this worked out....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site. Hope you get this worked out.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by beakin0149 View Post
    In there it will show you how to access the MiFi config page (enter 192.168.1.1 into the browser on your laptop while it is connected to the MiFi,use PW of admin).
    I have a Linksys e1200 router. I typed in that number (192.168.1.1.) and I got a page cannot load message: The connection has timed out. The server at 192.168.1.1. is taking too long to respond.

I can't connect manually and I can't connect by the cd. When the modem is connected to the computer I get to the internet. When I connect the modem to the router to the computer the internet it won't connect.

On the cd I get to the connecting to the networks part but I can't get to the password, id etc. The process stops and I get router is not connected to the internet and all the cables are connected. I have a desktop.

Can anyone help? I have a kindle fire that I can't use except through the usb cable. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Firewood View Post
    I have a Linksys e1200 router. I typed in that number (192.168.1.1.) and I got a page cannot load message: The connection has timed out. The server at 192.168.1.1. is taking too long to respond.

I can't connect manually and I can't connect by the cd. When the modem is connected to the computer I get to the internet. When I connect the modem to the router to the computer the internet it won't connect.

On the cd I get to the connecting to the networks part but I can't get to the password, id etc. The process stops and I get router is not connected to the internet and all the cables are connected. I have a desktop.

Can anyone help? I have a kindle fire that I can't use except through the usb cable. Thanks.
    Not all routers use the same IP address but, according to the E1200 User Guide I found on the Linksys (Cisco) site here, 192.168.1.1 is the default IP address for that router. It's possible someone changed that address since it's configurable. I would try calling Linksys tech support for them to help you.
    Last edited by strollin; 03-13-2012 at 07:43 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    When you call tech support they will tell you to turn on your modem first...then wait two minutes....then turn on your router...then wait two minutes...then try to connect to your wifi device. They will also probably time it and tell you when to turn on the router etc. It seems inane and contrary to most of our experiences just hitting the power strip and calling it good, but the two times I have had wifi issues and called tech support they did this to me and it worked and the so the last time I did it by myself...and watched the blinking lights...and it worked!

If that doesn't work....then you will have a much longer phone call.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Make sure you are attempting to go to the 192.168.1.1 IP address from a browser on a computer that is directly cabled to the router. You can't do it from your KF since you aren't connected to the router yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links