Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Found a Kindle Fire - help me return it!

This is a discussion on Found a Kindle Fire - help me return it! within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I received a package from United Airlines with my lost Kindle Fire. Only problem is it isn't mine! I tried to contact UA to get ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Found a Kindle Fire - help me return it!

I received a package from United Airlines with my lost Kindle Fire. Only problem is it isn't mine! I tried to contact UA to get them to correct their mistake but I've lost confidence in their ability to get this device back to its rightful owner. So this is a shot in the dark - anyone out there lose a Kindle fire on a US flight recently? It's password protected so I can't find any information that would help me send it back. I won't say too much else about it because I'm hoping the rightful owner can id it through its skin / screensaver. I know it's not likely I'll be able to find the owner but I'm Canadian so my genetic make-up demands I try...

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Try getting in touch with Amazon.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dwrobinson View Post
    I received a package from United Airlines with my lost Kindle Fire. Only problem is it isn't mine! I tried to contact UA to get them to correct their mistake but I've lost confidence in their ability to get this device back to its rightful owner. So this is a shot in the dark - anyone out there lose a Kindle fire on a US flight recently? It's password protected so I can't find any information that would help me send it back. I won't say too much else about it because I'm hoping the rightful owner can id it through its skin / screensaver. I know it's not likely I'll be able to find the owner but I'm Canadian so my genetic make-up demands I try...
    That is a classy act you are doing. My hat is off to you for your effort and I hope you get yours back as well

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    if you send the Serial number in the DEVICE section of the Settings maybe they can match it with a registered Amazon Account!

Member #
    I did contact Amazon customer service. They told me to take it to my local police station. I'm thinking all that will accomplish is the device will end up in a police sale in 6 months!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I did contact Amazon customer service. They told me to take it to my local police station. I'm thinking all that will accomplish is the device will end up in a police sale in 6 months!
    Agree...I've seen exactly that (and worse). I applaud your efforts to find rightful owner, but at some point you also need accept that you've exhausted all reasonable actions to do so. Since you yourself are without your Fire, go ahead and register it as yours, and continue to use it. From a karma standpoint you have not indulged in a net gain, plus you are free to continue to search for yours, and the rightful owner of the one you possess, even after registering it. It is also possible they were sent yours..and are doing the same...another untold story. Great to see people doing the right thing! Cheers!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Has United gotten back to you yet? I'd agree with the Amazon suggestion had you found it at a local mall, eatery or park, but what are the chances the owner of the one you received will know to contact your local police

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Also thought I'd mention to OP to nav to 'Manage Your Kindle' on AMZ site, and deregister your old lost Fire. Then proceed to register this 'replacement'...this ensures the one who finds and uses your old Fire doesn't continue purchasing on your account. AMZ's Help section indicates four failed attempts on the password will prompt a Factory Reset...afterwards entering the serial judpma mentions to 'Register' on Manage Devices on that same page should fix you up.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    you have done enough....keep it as a replacement for yours; You have done way more than most would have done!!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    You are very nice. It must be a joy to know you in person. Hope that somehow you get your original Fire back and are able to send this Fire home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links