Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What standalone functions will Kindle Fire be able to do in Canada, on a wi-fi

This is a discussion on What standalone functions will Kindle Fire be able to do in Canada, on a wi-fi within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hello, I am in Canada. Now I realize the Kindle Fire won't be in Canada for some time, and that services from Amazon here are ...

Member #

What standalone functions will Kindle Fire be able to do in Canada, on a wi-fi

Hello, I am in Canada. Now I realize the Kindle Fire won't be in Canada for some time, and that services from Amazon here are sketchy at best. But what I want to know is this, if I buy one from a pre-order auction site in the U.S., and bring it here, can I use it for basic web browsing (amazon cloud turned off - I read somewhere this is a user configurable option), transfering music files from my pc, downloading open source public books and readers, etc...using it as a basic wi-fi access tablet. Will this work, or is the browser not a true stand alone one? Will I then have to wait for a jailbreak procedure to get an open android installed? Thank you in advance to answers.

Member #
    Maybe you can create an account on Amazon.com and get full access to all the cloud features.
    I doubt it will be long until you can buy them from Amazon.ca. Probably before Christmas.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    In the very alike situation...looking forward to the answers. But I think it will be OK since Amazon has said you may bring your documents everywhere.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site. Have you attempted to get some answers from Amazon? I would think they would support their Canadian market. Hoping for the best.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Welcome to the forum.

Member #

Stand Alone function

Hi everyone,

I have the same question but my location is Philippines. Will this work here in the Philippines?

Raymond

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links