Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Playing my MP3 Music on KF

This is a discussion on Playing my MP3 Music on KF within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Iíve searched this forum and cannot find any real reference to playing MP3 files except thru Amazon Cloud. Is the KF like the Ipad/Ipod where ...

Member #

Playing my MP3 Music on KF

Iíve searched this forum and cannot find any real reference to playing MP3 files except thru Amazon Cloud. Is the KF like the Ipad/Ipod where you have to buy your music thru ITunes?

The real question is, I have about1200 to 1500 MP3 songs on my Home PC and MP3 players, is there a way to transfer and play these on the Kindle Fire?
    Thanks Farstar2

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I don't believe you can!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You can copy songs from your pc directly to the device. Just plug in to your pc with a USB cable ( the Fire will show up as a storage device) and copy files to the music folder. I wouldn't try to put all 1500 mp3's on there. When you unplug and go to the Music player on The Fire the songs will show up on the device. Or you can upload your songs to the Amazon cloud and play them on your Kindle Fire using the music player through the cloud. I have about 25 songs stored on my Kindle Fire and they play just fine. It displays the album art as well.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Worked Great!

I just successfully uploaded 15 of my CD's (about 200 songs) to my KF using a USB cable and they now play fine! The KF is somewhat particular as to which audio file format is required and I eventually found the MP3 format to work the best. My CD's did contain a variety of audio file formats and so most required conversion into the MP3 format. Hope that helps!

If anyone has experience doing the same, but with their DVD movies, pls advise... :-)

Member #
    Thanks I was hoping there was away to load some of my favorites unto the KF. (not 1200 but about a 100 to 150 songs should do it.)

Farstar2

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    The problem is that the KF has very limited local storage (SD card of only 5G, not expandable) which severely limits how many mp3s you can copy to it. I just ordered one of these: Amazon.com: Kingston Wi-Drive 32 GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive WID/32GBZ: Electronics. I ordered the 16G version but it's available in 16, 32 & 64G sizes. It should give me an additional 16G of portable storage for my KF. (I don't work for Kingston) According to reviews I've read and the company claims you should be able to stream music and video from the portable drive to your KF. In order to access the Wi-drive you need to install the Wi-drive app from the Amazon Market.
    Last edited by strollin; 01-28-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links