Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Fire Is Locked Up - Help! :(

This is a discussion on My Fire Is Locked Up - Help! :( within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; After several really fun days of learning alot about my cool new Kindle Fire and trying to set it up just the way I want, ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kim

Thread: My Fire Is Locked Up - Help! :(

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

My Fire Is Locked Up - Help! :(

After several really fun days of learning alot about my cool new Kindle Fire and trying to set it up just the way I want, I've now finally managed to completely lock-it-up while loading another book.

It has been completely unresponsive for over an hour and just sits there looking pretty, while displaying the main carousel page. The battery is fully charged and the only thing that I know I haven't tried yet is to depress the power button for 20+ seconds, which I read someplace may do a complete factory-restore, but at the cost of possibly loosing everything, including all the items I've purchased and already loaded.

As a long shot, I wonder what the Fire's response would be if it ran out of memory in mid-stream of loading something, though hopefully a nice, reasonable warning message would more appropriate instead of a complete lock-up?!

Any ideas...thx!

kim
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Do the 20 sec. reset you will not loose anything. Everything you have loaded is on the Amazons cloud under manage my Kindle. If you need to you can recover your sutff from there.
    Hawaiian Princess likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Yes Kim is correct. Its basically a full power shut down. But were u able to get it resolved?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Kim, I was afraid the 20 second power-down would intitiate a reformating og the whole device, but you were right, it was really just a complete pull-the-plug type power down and seemed to work well. My setup is still intact, though my Fire has exhibited some additional screen communication instability, so not sure if that is just the nature of this unit or not. Thx again!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links