Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Apps on SD Card

This is a discussion on Apps on SD Card within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I received a Fire HD 8 2017 for Christmas and have not had one before now. I purchased a 32GB SD card and installed it. ...

Thread: Apps on SD Card

Member #

Apps on SD Card

I received a Fire HD 8 2017 for Christmas and have not had one before now. I purchased a 32GB SD card and installed it. My supported apps were transferred with no problem, but those apps were grayed out on my home screen after this was done. When I tried to access these apps using the icons, I get the message to download again or insert the SD card where the app is located. I downloaded them again and still wouldn't work. I uninstalled and downloaded again with same result. I transferred the apps back to the tablet and the icons work. Is there a way to save these to the SD card and have access to the apps using the icons on the home screen? If I can save apps on my Samsung phone to an SD card and use them, there must be a way to do it on this tablet. Hope someone has an answer for this.

Member #
    What's its telling you is it can't find the apps on the,sd card, this happen every so often to me and i just keep pressing and then go to down load, then cancel then press again, three or 4 times ussual does it, then it finds them and we are up and running.

Apps generaly don't work to well on SD cards, the transfer rate is a lot slower than the flash memory in the device, made worse if you have bought a slow card! Unless the app is of an usually large size, there is not really a good reason to store them on the card, leave them on the device where they work best and store content on the,sd card. You still have exactly the same memory, internal storage plus 32 gigs, just things stored in a different place
    Last edited by jobo; 01-06-2018 at 07:02 AM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    What's its telling you is it can't find the apps on the,sd card, this happen every so often to me and i just keep pressing and then go to down load, then cancel then press again, three or 4 times ussual does it, then it finds them and we are up and running.

Apps generaly don't work to well on SD cards, the transfer rate is a lot slower than the flash memory in the device, made worse if you have bought a slow card! Unless the app is of an usually large size, there is not really a good reason to store them on the card, leave them on the device where they work best and store content on the,sd card. You still have exactly the same memory, internal storage plus 32 gigs, just things stored in a different place
    Two things to try, 1) go into the apps library, and see if they will launch from there, this may kick start them or at least give you an option to use them of the,sd card AND2) do a hard reset, hold the off button down, ignore the " do you want to turn off" banner, u till the device goes off, leave a few mins and then restart

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links