Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Borrowing Books

This is a discussion on Borrowing Books within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hello, I am a new KF user as of Christmas and I love it....but...... What I really was hoping for was an easy way to ...

Thread: Borrowing Books

Member #

Borrowing Books

Hello, I am a new KF user as of Christmas and I love it....but...... What I really was hoping for was an easy way to find lots of free books. But I cannot seem to find any easy way to access all of the millions of free books out there. (Except those on Amazon). I found a bunch in openlibrary.org but when I go to download the Adobe Digital Editions program it tells me my system does not meet the requirements. It will allow me to read in the browser but the text is so small it is difficult at best. I tried several other sites that promised free downloads only to run in to various other roadblocks. Getting very frustrated here.
    There has got to be an easy place to go get free downloads or borrows out there.
    Little help?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    If the books are DRM-free, you can use Calibre to convert to a format the Fire can handle.
    You can get the Nook for Android app, Aldiko for DRM-free ePubs & PDFs, & I think there is a Kobo for Android as well.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links