Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hello!

This is a discussion on Hello! within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Im brand new here, just joined about five minutes ago and it seems pretty nice. I discovered this site through one of the sister sites ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Member #

Hello!

Im brand new here, just joined about five minutes ago and it seems pretty nice. I discovered this site through one of the sister sites I belong to and so far it seems great. So I currently have a literati, which is a type of ereader, but it stopped charging and wont turn on . So I might be getting the Fire, which seems great! My mom wants to get an ipad, which seems to be very similar, so she can get that and I can get the fire which is less expensive and seems great.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kaytlin View Post
    Im brand new here, just joined about five minutes ago and it seems pretty nice. I discovered this site through one of the sister sites I belong to and so far it seems great. So I currently have a literati, which is a type of ereader, but it stopped charging and wont turn on . So I might be getting the Fire, which seems great! My mom wants to get an ipad, which seems to be very similar, so she can get that and I can get the fire which is less expensive and seems great.
    I have high expectations for the Fire, but I don't think it will be an instant competitor to the iPad off the bat. The iPad has a wonderfully large selection of Apps available for it. But if your mainly looking for an eReader, something that works with Amazon's cloud services and can play movies, view pictures, browse the web... it will be great, and at a much cheaper price point.

Member #
    Yes, I do agree, but Im not really big on the apps, im more in it for the reading and the internet, with maybe a few games. It would be great to get some movies on it for long trips or to bring to things like my brothers soccer games so I have something to do . My mom wants the ipad more for work related things like using the microsoft office apps and emails as well as her facebook haha.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kaytlin View Post
    Yes, I do agree, but Im not really big on the apps, im more in it for the reading and the internet, with maybe a few games. It would be great to get some movies on it for long trips or to bring to things like my brothers soccer games so I have something to do . My mom wants the ipad more for work related things like using the microsoft office apps and emails as well as her facebook haha.
    Sounds perfect for you then I think you guys have researched it and made the correct decision for both of you.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Welcome to the forum.

Member #
    Thanks, and well, actually not much research has really gone into this, but im sure I want this and my mom wants the ipad, so it sounds good! Though i have done some research about the fire and its sounds perfect for what im looking for!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Welcome to the forum.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Welcome aboard Kaytlin! Glad to have you with us!

DrivetheGreen66
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you could join us.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    ALOHA and welcome also

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links