Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

new guy...

This is a discussion on new guy... within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Originally Posted by 1958Apache Interesting.. my research so far has been just the opposite in terms of options-- when you remove the storage factor. Are ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new guy...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 1958Apache View Post
    Interesting.. my research so far has been just the opposite in terms of options-- when you remove the storage factor. Are you familar with the 'cloud' and is it easy to use???
    I am talking from the sd expansion etc. The fire is a much better overall tablet cause of the cloud,silk,os, and amazon support

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    imo the nook is better if you want ti root and have expandable memory.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site. Hope you are able to make a decision that works for you!

Member #
    Howdy, Yep I'm new to the site but have just a couple question prior to purchase. I realize the KF has Amazon Cloud for extra storage but there are times WIFI is not available. So, with the KF permit external storage via external thumb drive device? I am torn between the KF, and the NOOK but like the sound of the Amazon Prime business which I don't believe the NOOK is allowed. I sit in waiting rooms a lot and like my movies but also like my other tablet's 32 GB storage capability. Your answer will most likely help me place the appropriate order. Many thanks.

Member #
    The Cloud storage is free - up to 5 GB. You can store it (movies, music, games) on the KF, but it has only around 6 GB available. There is no SD card slot.

Member #
    Thank you S.Jones for your rapid response. The question was addressing USB port allowing the tablet for use with an outside drive such as a thumb drive. I have an older Cody 7" that allowed connection between the tablet and USB thumb drive; allowing for many MP?s. The Coby only used OS 2.1 with slow processor and I passed it on prior to knowing about Rooting. Regarding the thumb drive the very short USB cable hopefully will allow for additional storage on the KF when WIFI is NOT available. (No WIFI-no Cloud) Hopefully, this clears up original question. Again, thanks for the response.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links