Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Already frustrated with kindle fire!

This is a discussion on Already frustrated with kindle fire! within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I got a kindle last year for Christmas and loved it! Got a kindle fire this year and have had one problem after another. My ...

Member #

Unhappy Already frustrated with kindle fire!

I got a kindle last year for Christmas and loved it! Got a kindle fire this year and have had one problem after another. My recent problem is that when I purchase a new book or magazine and download it, I try to open it to read and I get the same message each time that reads "this item is protected with DRM and cannot be read on your kindle. Please download again or remove from your device and purchase item again. HELP!!!!! I have tried everything it says and I have new items that I have purchased but cannot access! I am running out of patience!!!! Please help! I emailed kindle support, but am still having problems.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Have you registered the Fire with Amazon?...and has this ever happened with your Kindle reader?..if both are registered on the same account then both should download the same. In fact you should be able to download the same books to BOTH devices....

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site. Happy New Year! Hope you get this resolved soon.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CFields View Post
    I got a kindle last year for Christmas and loved it! Got a kindle fire this year and have had one problem after another. My recent problem is that when I purchase a new book or magazine and download it, I try to open it to read and I get the same message each time that reads "this item is protected with DRM and cannot be read on your kindle. Please download again or remove from your device and purchase item again. HELP!!!!! I have tried everything it says and I have new items that I have purchased but cannot access! I am running out of patience!!!! Please help! I emailed kindle support, but am still having problems.
    Hey... I'm still undecided about the N.Tab or the KFire... re: your difficulties.. have they been resolved? was it a quick fix? did you feel you had good tech support from Amazon? I am a little nervous about buying something that does not have a "store" attached to it. Any comments will be greatly appreciated....1958Apache

Member #
    I bet he didn't register his kindle. Go through the settings and you will see how to register

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Member #
    Good thing I didn't buy this thing to read books on....I get nothing but DRM errors. And it's registered... however, it does make a good scrabble board game.
    Last edited by alphawave7; 01-09-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Member #
    Well I had a little time to mess with the hos today.

Amazon told me to delete the books from my kindle and close the kindle reader from the apps list. Then reload the books and see if it worked....Gong on them still didn't work.

So somewhere on the net I found unregister and rerigster the kindle.

So I deleted the books again.

Closed and cleared the cache in the kindle App.

Unregistered and re-registered the kindle.

Pushed the Sync button whatever that may do.

Downloaded the books back to my kindle and presto chango it's not only a internet device, it's now an E-reader.

Member #
    I love a happy ending! [sniff]

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    and thats the way it is supposed to work!!!1 ....good job!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links