Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Brand New to ALL Devices

This is a discussion on Brand New to ALL Devices within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Received my Kindle Fire as a Christmas Gift and struggling to learn all about it. Up to now all I have is my work PC ...

Member #

Brand New to ALL Devices

Received my Kindle Fire as a Christmas Gift and struggling to learn all about it. Up to now all I have is my work PC laptop and a basic cell phone that my office mate's 12 year old son inputted all my contact info and I just learned how to send a text on it!! Another words, I am going to need a
    lot of handholding. Managed to download some books from Amazon- not sure how I did it and not sure how I opened it (LOL) Looks like my brain is going to get a work out! By the way, I am named Sanlance to honor my dad who is a WWII vet who served on the Sandlance sub in the Pacific- If you know anything about the subs back then , you'll appreciate this fact- he's 6'4" !!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Welcome to the forum.
    Great name sir.
    I think you have joined a good forum because the members here really enjoy new members asking lots of questions.
    One thing you can do to minimize wait times for answers to your questions is use the forum search feature to see if others have had the same queries and what the solution was.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sandlance,
    Looks like you and I are in the same boat, lol! This is my first device of this kind..I have a desktop PC, blackberry smartphone, and a netbook..but I have been lost with the Kindle Fire...however it has been a fun kind of lost, lol! I keep hearing about "rooting" the kf, but have no clue what that means?? I have been taking time to read through all the forums, but some seem way over my head...they seem like great answers, but are like a foreign language to me! I hope to learn all the ins and outs, and one day be able to help other newbies!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    ALOHA & welcome to the forum

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Welcome welcome!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links