Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Living Abroad

This is a discussion on Living Abroad within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi This is the first time I've ever tried posting on any forum! Please excuse any silly mistakes..... I live in Switzerland temporarily, but am ...

Thread: Living Abroad

Member #

Living Abroad

Hi This is the first time I've ever tried posting on any forum! Please excuse any silly mistakes.....
    I live in Switzerland temporarily, but am British and intend to return to the Uk at some point in the next few years. I would like to buy a kindle but have been told that some of the features may not work if I buy in the Uk and use in Switzerland. There is NO amazon in Switzerland, but we are able to buy through amazon.de (Germany - even though we live in the french speaking part of Switz.)
    My question is.....where should I buy my kindle fire? I don't speak any German so don't want to buy from amazon.de but also don't want to buy from the Uk if I then find it doesn't work in CH
    The only info I could find from amazon was for Gibralter and Ireland residents.
    Thanks for any info.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Welcome to the forum.
    I hate to have to say it but I believe you'll get your best answer on the Amazon website or emailing Amazon customer support Amazon has started doing content in parts of Europe but, like you wrote, it's not really clear what works where.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Notate

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site. Hope you get this worked out soon.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links