Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Question about accounts and app installs

This is a discussion on Question about accounts and app installs within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; OK so My wife got our daughter a fire. I currently have an Atrix phone and Asus Transformer. The main purpose of the fire is ...

Member #

Question about accounts and app installs

OK so My wife got our daughter a fire. I currently have an Atrix phone and Asus Transformer. The main purpose of the fire is for my daughter to read books. And since I am not that much of a reader my wife has our daughter using her account so they can read the same books (plus my daughter is not old enough to have her own account). At any rate since I already have several apps that I have gotten via free app of the day / purchase and the fire is much more than just a reader I am wondering if I can temporarily associate her fire with my account and put a couple of the apps that I already have on her device then switch back to associating her device with my wife's account so that the books they read are all there. This would not be that big of a deal except that the google market place is not availalbe (one of the main apps my daughter wants is on sale for $0.10) without rooting etc etc etc. My wife is against me doing that.

So bottom line, once an app is installed locally is it always available regardless of the account that it was installed with?

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    It would be simpler to sideload: d/l and install the 10 cent app to your Atrix, back it up with Astro File Manager (into a tidy .apk), then send it to the Kindle via dropbox/email/etc. I haven't tried this, but I think the device gets wiped to factory settings when changing 'owners'...can anyone verify?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    ALOHA and welcome to the forum. Yes u can sideload it but it won't let u use multiple accounts. U can rename multiple devices but its registered under one acct at a time.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I've got the same question but wonder if I put the apps that are in my Amazon account on the Fire, then changed the Amazon account it's registered on to my daughters account, would the apps still work?
    It's a Christmas present for my daughter that is currently registered in my account and I've got a bunch of Free App of the Day waiting to install on it.
    I'm not so much asking about side loading Android market apps, just wondering what happens to the Amazon ones once I switch accounts.
    Thank you

Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk
    Last edited by mountainbikermark; 12-09-2011 at 07:14 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links