Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

hello everyone.

This is a discussion on hello everyone. within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; hi, im planning on getting a kindle fire in a few weeks if everyone hasn't wiped them out already and i have a few questions. ...

Thread: hello everyone.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

hello everyone.

hi, im planning on getting a kindle fire in a few weeks if everyone hasn't wiped them out already and i have a few questions. is there a way to side load apps from the market place without having to root it? i wont need the android market on it and if i could get them off of the computer and just install it through the apk files ill be happy and ill probably subscribe to amazon prime and id like to be able to watch shows from amazon still on it. and im also wondering on the video quality it has because ill mainly be using it for movies and the internet and a bit of reading.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wttwoa View Post
    hi, im planning on getting a kindle fire in a few weeks if everyone hasn't wiped them out already and i have a few questions. is there a way to side load apps from the market place without having to root it? i wont need the android market on it and if i could get them off of the computer and just install it through the apk files ill be happy and ill probably subscribe to amazon prime and id like to be able to watch shows from amazon still on it. and im also wondering on the video quality it has because ill mainly be using it for movies and the internet and a bit of reading.
    Welcome to the forum, wttwoa! I think the Kindle Fire will be perfect for what you describe. I'm impressed with the video quality, especially as this price point, and yes you can sideload *most* apps successfully without rooting. Having some Android device background means more success in sideloading, as some apps have been hit or miss, and took some additional workarounds.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    the only person in the family that has a droid is my sister and im not going to ask her if i can use it to get apk files from it. is there a website that has apks for download?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Welcome to the kindle fire forums, you will enjoy this place dawg i promise haha
    SteamID: l4d2bob

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Getjar is often mentioned as an app source, but I found them lacking, so I used my Android phone to get my apk's moved over, using Dropbox, or via wlan, but even email works (attachments).

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Welcome to the forum

Support Our Troops!!!

Sent from this Galaxy via Tapatalk

DrivetheGreen66
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us.

Member #
    I have the faith that Kindle Fire is to satisfu you. Do not hesitate!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links