Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

New to Android

This is a discussion on New to Android within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi, Currently I have an iPad 3 and am thinking about purchasing the Fire HD or the Nexus 7. Personal uses would be E book ...

Thread: New to Android

Member #

New to Android

Hi,

Currently I have an iPad 3 and am thinking about purchasing the Fire HD or the Nexus 7. Personal uses would be E book reader, movies and the ability to download torrents directly to the device which is something you cannot do with an Apple product. The reviews I have read says the Fire has really good sound so this is a plus along with the weight especially compared to my iPad..

However I know nothing at all about the OS so my question is are all Android apps usable on the Fire? Can I customize the Fire or am I somewhat stuck with the Amazon front end which I am not sure is beneficial to me as I do not live in the US.

Any advice appreciated.

Regards,

John

Member #
    I have the OG Kindle Fire and have yet to try an Android app that didn't work, other than Launcher8 (a home launcher).

I have GO Launcher EX sideloaded on my KF so my KF looks and acts like an Android tablet. Many people get apps that from 1mobile that are available at the Google Play Store but not available through Amazon.

Member #
    Android provide the new update everyday which is very interesting, I recently purchased Google Nexus 7 that provide the great updated information about Android OS. Nexus 7 currently based on Jelly Bean 4.2.2 which provide the great features that is very useful for so many peoples.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site. Hope you chose to get a Fire and are happy with it.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Like Sideloaded already said; while getting apps from Google Play is a little difficult (can be done). There are a dozen other Android online stores you can get apps from just by downloading them onto your fire. If I were you I would wait a few weeks and the new line of Fires are going to be released for sale. They have been upgraded a great deal and the price is right. You are right about one thing the sound on the Fire HD is great. I bet the new ones are going to be even better.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links