Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Launchers on Kindle Fire HD

This is a discussion on Launchers on Kindle Fire HD within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; So do I need a virus protection app for the kindle. I am new to Kindles. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Launchers on Kindle Fire HD

So do I need a virus protection app for the kindle.

I am new to Kindles.

Sent from my iPhone using
    Tapatalk
    Last edited by cali; 12-26-2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Removed Link

Member #

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    Fixed and thanks for letting us know ADW does in fact work.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    does the adw work on a kindle fire HD? i been dieing to change the way the kindle looks, since the go launcher doesnt work. if it does..where do i download it?

Member #
    Yes ADW Launcher EX works on the Kindle Fire HD. To install it, paste this in your web browser. (do this on the kindle fire hd) "http://m.mark8.store.aptoide.com/app/market/org.adwfreak.launcher/46/1892235/ADWLauncher%20EX" Then tap install. You will need to download the aptoide android market first.

1. Tap "Requires Aptoide" You will then download aptoide
    2. After step 1 is done, go back to the web page that I gave you. Tap install.
    3. It will take you to the Aptoide market and a popup will ask if you want to install it. Tap yes, then another box will pop up asking if you want to add that website to your list of app markets.
    4. When it is done installing a screen should pop up which says, "do you want to install this application"? Tap install.
    5. Then its done! You have a new launcher and another app market! The app market will only download free games. I have not found an app that is not free yet.
    Example; Plants versus zombies costs $2.99 from amazon but yet its free there.

IN ORDER TO DO THIS YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THE KINDLE FIRE HD ACCEPTS 3RD PARTY APPLICATION DOWNLOADS!

Member #
    Thank you so much for this info I have been looking for a launcher ( seems most that worked on the fire do not work on the fire hd) I am not tech savvy but have got this loaded with the info posted. I also wondered if you can swtich back and forth from this and the reg kindle screen as I ve seen posted about the kindle fire using go launcher

Member #
    You should see the kindle fire hd launcher app. If you tap on it, then you will go back to the normal one. Or you can just tap the home.

Member #
    Thank you I figured out the prob. I did not finish downloading the launcher ( as I said not tech savvy)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxRolo View Post
    So do I need a virus protection app for the kindle.

I am new to Kindles.

Sent from my iPhone using
    Tapatalk

If you use the internet, then you need one. If you have Aptoide installed (I gave a link earlier). DO THIS ON THE KINDLE FIRE HD! Click this link.

Norton Security | Android Apps (Free APK)

In order to install it you need to have Aptoide installed! I gave instruction on how to do that earlier.

Member #
    If you use the internet, then you need one. If you have Aptoide installed (I gave a link earlier). DO THIS ON THE KINDLE FIRE HD! Click this link.

Norton Security | Android Apps (Free APK)

I did this but it is now asking for a activation code...?

Ads