Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hello

This is a discussion on Hello within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi Everyone.. my name is Faye, and I just registered in. Just put in my order for the Amazon Fire, which is my Christmas gift ...

Thread: Hello

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The Pacific Northwest - Crescent City, California

Hello

Hi Everyone.. my name is Faye, and I just registered in. Just put in my order for the Amazon Fire, which is my Christmas gift this year I am really excited. Wanted a e-reader and was going to get a basic kindle.. but the Fire offers so much more for the price.. touch screen and all. Couldn't afford the IPad, so this seems the next best thing. Problem is: I am an older person, and a bit slow to catch on with all the new technology. Can someone give me some guidance in simple terms? I don't have a router.. so I figure I will need that unless I want to sit in McDonald's or Jack In the Box all day.. Right? Can someone advise me which one to get? I have a computer with high speed internet via cable (comcast).. I prefer to buy a router outright rather to pay a monthly service fee. I posted a thread under Help.. check it out. Thanks all you Tech Heads out there

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Welcome Faye.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Welcome to the forum.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Faye View Post
    Hi Everyone.. my name is Faye, and I just registered in. Just put in my order for the Amazon Fire, which is my Christmas gift this year I am really excited. Wanted a e-reader and was going to get a basic kindle.. but the Fire offers so much more for the price.. touch screen and all. Couldn't afford the IPad, so this seems the next best thing. Problem is: I am an older person, and a bit slow to catch on with all the new technology. Can someone give me some guidance in simple terms? I don't have a router.. so I figure I will need that unless I want to sit in McDonald's or Jack In the Box all day.. Right? Can someone advise me which one to get? I have a computer with high speed internet via cable (comcast).. I prefer to buy a router outright rather to pay a monthly service fee. I posted a thread under Help.. check it out. Thanks all you Tech Heads out there
    Howdy Faye, and welcome to the forum! I'll visit your Help request and see what's up! Enjoy the forum!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The Pacific Northwest - Crescent City, California
    Whatever you learn.. pass it on please. I am so tech-illiterate! Thinking about starting a group for newbies.. at least beginners to this stuff could band together. Need to get a few good friends on the site for support and help.. anyone interested?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Whatever you learn.. pass it on please. I am so tech-illiterate! Thinking about starting a group for newbies.. at least beginners to this stuff could band together. Need to get a few good friends on the site for support and help.. anyone interested?
    Our forum is still quite small, and we can all help, but when we get a tad bigger, you can also create a 'Group' ("Fire Newbies"?) by selecting the 'Community' tab/dropdown, and select Groups. Then click 'Create Group'...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Hope you are enjoying your Fire. Don't worry about being older, older people can figure these out!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links