Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hello

This is a discussion on Hello within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hello all! My name is Beth and the Kindle fire is my third kindle. I have had a Kindle since the very first one a ...

Thread: Hello

Member #

Hello

Hello all! My name is Beth and the Kindle fire is my third kindle. I have had a Kindle since the very first one a few years back and wouldn't have anything else I am a married mom of three from NC, and my cell is a Samsung Galaxy S2. I would love to be able to learn how to get apps that I use on my phone on to my Kindle (especially whatsapp) without rooting either one. I'm too chicken to root lol. Nice to meet everyone!

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Welcome Beth. Here's how I get apps onto my Fire. Download the free app Astro on your S2. You can use it to make a back up of any app that you want on your Fire. Then use Astro to "send" the back-up file to Dropbox. You can get the Dropbox App for your Fire here: https://www.dropbox.com/android Just download it from your Fire's web browser. Once the Dropbox app is on your Fire... open it up and select the app you backed up. Make sure you have your Fire set to "allow installation of Applications". It's under the "Device" section of settings. If you don't use Dropbox you could always email the file to yourself and install it from your email on your Fire. Hope this helps.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Betharina View Post
    Hello all! My name is Beth and the Kindle fire is my third kindle. I have had a Kindle since the very first one a few years back and wouldn't have anything else I am a married mom of three from NC, and my cell is a Samsung Galaxy S2. I would love to be able to learn how to get apps that I use on my phone on to my Kindle (especially whatsapp) without rooting either one. I'm too chicken to root lol. Nice to meet everyone!
    Welcome to the site.

Member #
    VoiceGuy,
    I followed your link to Dropbox, and it told me it was incompatible with my device (the Fire). I have SugarSync on both my S2 and the Fire, would that work? Thanks for your help (I made sure that I selected to allow apps from other sources in my settings before I tried to download Dropbox)

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Hey Betharina... Sugarsync will work too. BTW, I think the problem with the Dropbox site is to make sure you're not in mobile web view.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links