Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hey Guys

This is a discussion on Hey Guys within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hey Guys ! Got my Fire for xmas but just now found the forum ;} Got the Droid Bionic too and have been all over ...

Thread: Hey Guys

Member #

Hey Guys

Hey Guys ! Got my Fire for xmas but just now found the forum ;} Got the Droid Bionic too and have been all over the forums there and love it!!! First order of business is to search how to sideload APK files( APPS) from my Bionic to my Fire. I can Use my computer to drag and drop Apks all day between droids but when I hook up my Fire I cant find any APK files on it to do the same??? Right now searching for this, and the first few comments made months ago said you cant do it. So i'm Now on a Quest to search this forum for the answer I want !!! Wish me luck, or send me a Tip, THANKS

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Hey Electricman... to sideload from your Bionic... on your Fire first go to dropbox.com and find the android page to download Dropbox to your fire. Be sure the settings in your browser are set to web view,not mobile view (otherwise when you go to download it will tell you your device is not supported). Also make sure your Fire settings are set to allow outside applications. That will get dropbox on your Fire. On your Bionic download and use the application backup feature in Astro. It's a free app in the Play Market. Then use the file manager part of Astro to navigate to the back ups you made, long press and send to Dropbox. Give it some time to transfer and then open up Dropbox on your Fire. Find and press the APK you want to install. It will then install. Good luck. Feel free to ask questions if I wasn't clear enough. If you're not already using Dropbox PM me and I'll send you a link to get us both extra storage space.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Just saying hi. Hope you were successful.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links