Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How Glitchy is the Kindle Fire ?

This is a discussion on How Glitchy is the Kindle Fire ? within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I have pre-ordered my KF, how "glitchy" is it ? After looking at the posts here it would seem to have more than a few ...

Member #

How Glitchy is the Kindle Fire ?

I have pre-ordered my KF, how "glitchy" is it ? After looking at the posts here it would seem to have more than a few problems. This view might be skewed by the sample seen here, but hey! I am new to this.
    Any views will be appreciated.
    nilo52
    A STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I have had mine for almost three months and have not had a single problem with it. It works like it should when it should. Very happy with it and all the apps that are available for it. What more can I wy

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've had mine for 9 months with no problems at all.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I don't find the KF to be glitchy at all. The biggest road block (which isn't difficult to get around) is that the KF does not have access to the full Google Play store of Android apps. The Amazon store has a decent selection of apps but not all apps available on Google Play are available on the Amazon Store.

The other major difference is the KF's unique user interface of a bookshelf metaphor which is different than the standard Android user interface. People either like the KF interface or hate it. You can change it if you desire.

Member #
    Thank you Strollin,

At 103 posts you must know alot about the Kindle Fire. I have a question concerning apps. Some of the reviews for apps describe the battery drain as enormous/ vampiric. There is a Battery app, called I belive, "Battery HD" . A reviewer said this app drained the Kindle, heated it up, and crashed the tablet.
    Is there a battery app that you would reccomend ??
    Any Help would be great !
    nilo52
    Last edited by nilo52; 08-13-2012 at 09:27 PM. Reason: went back and foud correct name of app

Member #
    Thank You Flathat,

This is exactly what I needed to know. I have done a lot of research on tablets and on paper the Kindle Fire is the winner. No one has anything in the price range that is close to the KF's abitites and ease of use.
    Thanks for the post,
    nilo52

Member #
    Thank you fdalbor,

I like what you said. This gives me a better feeling about my choice ! As a newby to Devices I can only learn things by people like you who take the time to explain things.
    nilo52

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nilo52 View Post
    Thank you Strollin,

At 103 posts you must know alot about the Kindle Fire. I have a question concerning apps. Some of the reviews for apps describe the battery drain as enormous/ vampiric. There is a Battery app, called I belive, "Perfect Battery" . A reviewer said this app drained the Kindle, heated it up, and crashed the tablet.
    Is there a battery app that you would reccomend ??
    Any Help would be great !
    nilo52
    I'm not clear on what you want a battery app for. To monitor better than the stock battery bar? If so try Gsam battery app. It uses almost no battery. Battery usage is what causes most of the heat on a Fire, be it apps or your screen brightness.
    Basically you can expect to get about 7 hours of actual usage from the Fire plus standby time. Maybe a little more or less. Iow if you use it 2 hours a day and if sits idle but powered on, expect to charge it every 3 days. Your screen brightness is going to be the largest battery eater. The brighter the screen, the more battery it uses.
    Once you get it post back with any questions that arise. Also as Strollin stated there are ways to get apps easily that aren't on Amazon and we can walk you through the methods.
    I've had mine since Feb and have had 0 problems with it other than an old update broke the photo gallery but Amazon sent a fix in the next update a couple of weeks later.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I've had my Kindle Fire since December, no major problems/glitches. My husband has had his Fire for a couple months now, no major glitches either. A few other family/friends haven't had glitches either. Usually people post when they are having problems, not when everything is working normal.

Quote Originally Posted by nilo52 View Post
    Is there a battery app that you would reccomend ?
    I highly recommend Badass Battery App (free) with the battery icon pack (small fee) which will replace your Kindle Fire's standard battery icon with a new icon that will show the percentage of power remaining on your battery. This is a huge improvement to the stock battery icon. (These apps are included in an exclusive list I have on my website of the Best Kindle Fire Apps, see my profile for a link to my website.)

Welcome to the forum!
    -Rachel
    (lovemyfire)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Just saying hi.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links