Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hello, New Member & New Owner Of Fire 7

This is a discussion on Hello, New Member & New Owner Of Fire 7 within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hello, I am a 71 yr. old female and consider myself to be intelligent, but definitely not tech savy - i.e. you can teach this ...

Member #

Hello, New Member & New Owner Of Fire 7

Hello, I am a 71 yr. old female and consider myself to be intelligent, but definitely not tech savy - i.e. you can teach this old dog new tricks, but she wouldn't have picked them up intuitively. I have been using the Kindle app on my computer and was still waiting to buy myself a Kindle ereader - after working in a library for many years, I simply did not like looking at book covers in b&w. Well, about 6 wks. ago, I was in the store buying a laptop when I noticed there was a sale on Kindle tablets. I had heard about them and realized that they had the capability of presenting book covers in color and 'apparently' had 'other abilities'! I snapped up the one that would fit comfortably into my admittedly large purse's side pocket. There's a reason for sales - the new model was coming out. Now, I personally think that Amazon fell short in providing specific info. on the how/why/means of the Fire's various capabilities. So, I am hunting down forums such as this one and watching videos on YouTube in order to pick up info. You will soon see my questions; if you can, please help me.
    '

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolores View Post
    Hello, I am a 71 yr. old female and consider myself to be intelligent, but definitely not tech savy - i.e. you can teach this old dog new tricks, but she wouldn't have picked them up intuitively. I have been using the Kindle app on my computer and was still waiting to buy myself a Kindle ereader - after working in a library for many years, I simply did not like looking at book covers in b&w. Well, about 6 wks. ago, I was in the store buying a laptop when I noticed there was a sale on Kindle tablets. I had heard about them and realized that they had the capability of presenting book covers in color and 'apparently' had 'other abilities'! I snapped up the one that would fit comfortably into my admittedly large purse's side pocket. There's a reason for sales - the new model was coming out. Now, I personally think that Amazon fell short in providing specific info. on the how/why/means of the Fire's various capabilities. So, I am hunting down forums such as this one and watching videos on YouTube in order to pick up info. You will soon see my questions; if you can, please help me.
    '
    thats a big question or rather it requires a very long answer.

it will do nearly anything a computer will do, though possibly not quite as well ? it will play films, music. browse the internet, you can type on it, send emails.

so lets tackle this from the other end, what do you want to do with it and i will tell you if you can and if so how

Member #
    jobo, thank you for your response. I'm sorry - I didn't make myself very clear. What I wrote above was just my silly introductory note. I'll post questions.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links