Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hi! I'm the Owner of LoveMyFire.com

This is a discussion on Hi! I'm the Owner of LoveMyFire.com within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Nice to meet you too, Betharina! That's funny that you took your ipad back. In online news they make it sound like the Fire is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Nice to meet you too, Betharina! That's funny that you took your ipad back. In online news they make it sound like the Fire is nothing compared to the ipad but I think each has its target audience that really resonates with either device. I love the size of my Fire and was never interested in the ipad, it's too big for me to easily pack around with me, especially with my baby and all the stuff I pack just for her. So my Kindle Fire is perfect for me, it easily fits in an outside pocket of the diaper bag, and my husband (who recently bought a Fire because I was always using it when he wanted it) can fit his right next to it too when we go somewhere together. You couldn't do that with the ipad... plus it would make the bag even heaver than it already is.

How long did you have your ipad and how long have you had your Fire?
    -Rachel

Member #
    I have had my Fire since February, and I only had the ipad for 4 days lol. Like you said, it was way too bulky and heavy. Just not an easy thing to carry around at all! I also think I just like the aneroid platform better than apple since my cell is also android. Dont get me wrong, the ipad is nice but just not for me. The only thing I wish the Fire had that ipad has is the camera.

-Beth

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Hey Beth, if you want an easy way to get photos from your phone to your Fire get an app called Frostwire on both devices and use it to transfer the photos to your Fire over wifi. No uploads, no cords, just tap the ones you want and in a couple seconds they are on your Fire. Its almost as fast as shooting the photo yet can be done at a convenient time and you're not holding an 8x13 photo frame sized device to get a low resolution shot.
    Frostwire is free on the Amazon market and works for side loading (putting apps you can only find on Android market on your Fire ) apps as well.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Member #
    Thank you so much!! I will definitely get that app!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Betharina View Post
    I have had my Fire since February, and I only had the ipad for 4 days lol. Like you said, it was way too bulky and heavy. Just not an easy thing to carry around at all! I also think I just like the aneroid platform better than apple since my cell is also android. Dont get me wrong, the ipad is nice but just not for me. The only thing I wish the Fire had that ipad has is the camera.

-Beth

Beth,

Thanks for sharing. I agree, a camera would be nice, but I also agree with mountainbikermark that it would be a bulky camera. I actually just pack my regular camera around with me too if I have a bag or purse.

I love the way the Fire is setup.
    -Rachel

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemyfire View Post
    Beth,

Thanks for sharing. I agree, a camera would be nice, but I also agree with mountainbikermark that it would be a bulky camera. I actually just pack my regular camera around with me too if I have a bag or purse.

I love the way the Fire is setup.
    -Rachel
    I used the camera on my Galaxy Tab for about a week. It was just so inconvenient considering the final product I stopped using it. Unless the light was just right it was also like jumping back to a cellphone camera from about 5+ years ago. I do see more and more people using their tablets for cameras at special events though so I guess it's just me.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site. Glad you're so happy with your Fire!

Member #
    I am new to this site and love your site. Read it all the time.

I want to get the most out of the new KF 10". So I will be reading this forum a lot.

Member #
    I have both an iPad and Kindle Fire HDX. I am amazed at how much I like using the Fire HDX. It is awesomely lightweight but solid and keeps me coming back for serious work. The iPad is a great device but even the lightweight versions now feel hollow and are heavier to use. I use my iPad in the office more because of a few apps that need regular updates and I am not interested in rooting my device to get the google play version on the Fire HDX. But, for many reasons, I travel with my Fire HDX. 1mobile market keeps me using the Fire HDX but I would rather have google services. Maybe someday it will get sorted out but the Fire HDX as is was a decent purchase. If both are sitting on the table I pick the Fire HDX most of the time for general use and media content. The Fire HDX has much better speakers too.

Member #
    everyone should head over and register. great site and nice people.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links