Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Split Kindle Fire

This is a discussion on Split Kindle Fire within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; My Kindle Fire, that was NOT dropped, or subjected to any other form of impact, just began - and continue - to split open along ...

Member #

Split Kindle Fire

My Kindle Fire, that was NOT dropped, or subjected to any other form of impact, just began - and continue - to split open along its right side. Not overcharged, nothing that I can put the blame on. Has something like this happened to anybody?

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I've seen several reports of the problem on various forums. In some cases it appears to be the result of heat generated by the battery. Have you contacted Kindle Support? If not, I'd urge you to do so. You're not alone and as long as your KF doesn't show any telltale signs of abuse you should be able to get an exchange under your warranty. If they give you trouble, mention that you've seen reports of the battery heat causing the problem.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Hope you were able to get a replacement.

Member #

Split Kindle Fire

Quote Originally Posted by zefelipe View Post
    My Kindle Fire, that was NOT dropped, or subjected to any other form of impact, just began - and continue - to split open along its right side. Not overcharged, nothing that I can put the blame on. Has something like this happened to anybody?

Ours is doing the same thing. It started about a week ago with a bump in the back cover like something inside was swelling and it has gotten progressively worse. Did you get yours replaced.

Member #
    Mine just started doing the same thing - for no apparent reason - IS IT FIXABLE? IM SO IRRITATED

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links