Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

A Two Kindle Fire Household

This is a discussion on A Two Kindle Fire Household within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I told my wife "I'm going to buy a toy I don't need". No problem. On the second day of using my Kindle Fire the ...

Member #

Red face A Two Kindle Fire Household

I told my wife "I'm going to buy a toy I don't need". No problem. On the second day of using my Kindle Fire the wife says "I want one too". So now we both have toys we don't need. We are both retired and we don't travel much and we both have PCs with two large monitors. We have one plain-old cell phone that we turn on if we need to make a call. However, we are enjoying our Kindles, she likes to play some games, puzzles and check the news on USA Today. I do that too and look for interesting utility apps,Wi-Fi analyzer, ES File Expert, Scanner Radio, DU meter... Yes, we can do all that on our PCs, that's why the Kindle Fire is a toy we don't need. However, when we do travel we can read books, do email, see if that eBay item was sold (or won).

Adding a stylus is a great help for those of us not in the smart-phone generation and we like the rooCase. I learned how to get apps that are not in the Amazon store. Its similar to side-loading (or perhaps its the same thing). Download the app to your PC, connect to the Kindle Fire with a USB cable (or use Wi-Fi File Explorer) to transfer the .apk flie to your Kindle. Then use ES File Explorer to find (in downloads or where ever) and run the .apk file.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Welcome to the forum.
    Yes a Fire is much easier to tote around than a desktop or even laptop. Mine still fits in my pants or coat pocket with the roocase executive case on it. Having a stylus pen has been a wonderful addition.I have gotten an iFaraday SALT that is made for those that have trouble holding a pen or just write sideways,like me, and it has been great.
    I didn't need my Fire either but have found myself using it more than my 10" tablet and smartphone combined.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    I Fire my posts with Blue Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    CalBear just the convenience makes these two purchases worth while. And in the world of tablets you have spent a minimum $$$
    you can also get apps from Mobile1 and Getjar. both have some the Market does not have and both are reliable...enjoy

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site. If you use them, then they're justified. Like that slice of pie with ice cream. If it tasted good, then it was worth it!

Member #
    I got a Kindle Fire primarily for my daughter to use during a trip on June and I couldn't pry it out of my husband's hands so now we also have two toys. I got both of mine refurbished during the daily deal sales. Love love love 'em.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links