Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Good Morning from Port Townsend WA

This is a discussion on Good Morning from Port Townsend WA within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; When the First Kindles were announced, I pre-ordered the Kindle 3G and fell in love with it. Then they announced the Kindle Fire and I ...

Member #

Good Morning from Port Townsend WA

When the First Kindles were announced, I pre-ordered the Kindle 3G and fell in love with it.

Then they announced the Kindle Fire and I pre-ordered that. I added Kindle software to my Ipod and my wife's HTC. I added docs to go to the KFire and Ipod and synched my desktop (Windows), my Ipod and my KFire. I had been wanting to try a tablet size device but was put off by the size (too big) and cost (too expensive). The KFire comes in about the size of my Psion Netbook and the cost, thanks for marketing stragedy, is around $200 rather than $500 or more.

I have monitored improvements as Amazon tinkered with the software in the cloud (I assume the cloud). The browser went from barely workable to excellent.

My only complaint is no Blue Tooth, hence no external keyboard (I have one I use on the Ipod), and it could use more battery.

Over-all, the KFire is excellent and I look forward to the next generation KFire (with Blue Tooth please).

I need a source of KFire answers so am looking for forums.

Jim WG

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Welcome to the forum
    I agree, I'd like to have bluetoorh to use my keyboard as well because the existing one is a very weak spot of the Fire

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post and typed with SwiftKey 3 Beta

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Welcome aboard.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site.

Member #
    Welcome. I've had a kindle 3g for awhile and love it, bought my first Fire about a month ago refurbished gold box deal and just got my second Fire Wednesday same refurb gold box deal (delivered Friday). I agree it would be great to have Bluetooth and I would also like an HDMI jack and a Swype keyboard. I also wish it supported page numbers and collections...boggles my mind these features didn't carry over to the Fire.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links