Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Need help!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Need help!!!!!! within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I have no idea what's wrong with my kindle. I received my KF for Christmas and it has worked properly until now. Since yesterday when ...

Thread: Need help!!!!!!

Member #

Need help!!!!!!

I have no idea what's wrong with my kindle. I received my KF for Christmas and it has worked properly until now. Since yesterday when I rotate it horizontally it (the screen) stays vertical. Is this a serious problem or can it be fixed fairly simple.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Welcome to the forum
    Tap settings and in the drop down on the far left tap "locked ",it should change to unlocked

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    I Fire my posts via Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I nominate this question for the most asked issue that is followed by "Doh." No offense meant, by the way. I think all of us have run into the problem at first. It can be especially annoying since some apps (e.g. some games) override the lock setting so you don't discover the KF is locked until you hit an app that doesn't override it.

The first night with the KF my wife discovered the opposite problem. She tried to read a book on the KF while lying on her side in bed and found to her consternation that when she did so the book shifted from portrait to landscape mode. I was already asleep but she greeted me the next morning with the comment that she was going to send it back and return to her trusty Kindle Keyboard. Locking the orientation solved her reading problem.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site. Seems everyone has had this problem at one time or another.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links