Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hi! I am a newbie on Kindle Fire

This is a discussion on Hi! I am a newbie on Kindle Fire within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Well, this last Monday my dad's package come home. He bought me a kindle fire. He is from USA Miami while we are in Philippines. ...

Member #

Cool Hi! I am a newbie on Kindle Fire

Well, this last Monday my dad's package come home. He bought me a kindle fire. He is from USA Miami while we are in Philippines. At first I was excited to use it, I use the web and manage to use the first 5 free apps. Then after a couple of days I started to get bored, and I wanted to have a few games and books. When I try (I made a amazon account) to download FREE apps in my kindle, I can't download it. After that I try to download on my PC, but then again there is still an error (Geographical Error) -_- I was losing hope but when my father (He is in US) tried downloading using his PC (He logged in my amazon account) It worked! But I can't stand to say to him what I apps I wanted. He always scold me and say to download it later. Please HELP me to download games/ebooks here on my country. PS: He doesn't want to use his Credit Card. Thanks in Advance

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Silentrock,

Because the KF is not meant to be sold to people outside the US (due to copyright and trademark issues with books, apps, etc.) you'll find yourself limited in terms of what you can access from Amazon. However, all is not lost. You can "sideload" many free apps from sources such as "getjar" and "1mobile" to the KF. I won't go into detail about that process but it's fairly simple and you should be able to get access to many apps. If you cannot figure out how this is done by checking various websites, post again and I'll try to send you in an appropriate direction.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silentrock View Post
    Well, this last Monday my dad's package come home. He bought me a kindle fire. He is from USA Miami while we are in Philippines. At first I was excited to use it, I use the web and manage to use the first 5 free apps. Then after a couple of days I started to get bored, and I wanted to have a few games and books. When I try (I made a amazon account) to download FREE apps in my kindle, I can't download it. After that I try to download on my PC, but then again there is still an error (Geographical Error) -_- I was losing hope but when my father (He is in US) tried downloading using his PC (He logged in my amazon account) It worked! But I can't stand to say to him what I apps I wanted. He always scold me and say to download it later. Please HELP me to download games/ebooks here on my country. PS: He doesn't want to use his Credit Card. Thanks in Advance
    PM sent

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    I Fire my posts via Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links