Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User For Years, Now Forum Member

This is a discussion on User For Years, Now Forum Member within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; After a few years of daily use I want to see under the hood for issues and functional issues that has me looking beyond Kindle ...

Member #

Smile User For Years, Now Forum Member

After a few years of daily use I want to see under the hood for issues and functional issues that has me looking beyond Kindle or my maybe to repair, upgrade or move to other tablets for what should be basic support for media and functionality not limited for competitive and competing technology. I'm not a part of competing tech politics and believe where the user-consumer is concerned basic support for media is more a right than a choice. Standards should be enforced and not exclusively a marketing feature choice. I do have constructive criticisms. Discussion is a first step so ignorance is not a danger to logic. So, hi all!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    As i alluded to in your other post, your not being disadvantaged by a trade war, that is to the most part to the benifit of consumers, as devices keep getting better and better and or cheaper and cheaper.

You beibg screwed over by moores law, that is that processing power per $ will double every decade. At half a decade old, your device is now obsolete, for as processing power increases, the amount of data contained on web sites, particularly news sites doubles as well.
    Added to that processors slow down, become less efficient with use, and operating systems become better and better.

There are wzys of breathing new life into aging tech, but you dont seem intrested in that angle, and anyway your only putting off the inevatable for a short period, which is to buy a uptodate device,
    Last edited by jobo; 09-08-2018 at 08:50 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links