Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

It Arrives this Friday

This is a discussion on It Arrives this Friday within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my KF this Friday. Figgued I would get a leg up on how the thing works and what people think ...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

It Arrives this Friday

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my KF this Friday. Figgued I would get a leg up on how the thing works and what people think by reading the KF Fourm notes. I am currently using a Toshiba Thrive and the KF is for my wife... that said I better know how to use it so that I can show her otherwise it will end up being a paper weight. I am hoping is is as esasy as people say. She currently has a Kindle Reader but the Fire will give her a lot more. Lets see... reading... shopping... email... back to shopping.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    ALOHA & welcome! Glad u joined us. I'm sure she will enjoy it. I work between the KF, Xoom, Nook & all my darn Android phones LOL

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site. Your wife will like her Fire.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks guys but I have to say I am really disapointed in the internet connection. The unit droppes off the connection all the time. Even if I go stant a few feet from the routher. The two reasons why I bought this is one for it's intergration with Amazon Books (Kindle) and two for internet use! I will play with it a bit but I suspect by the end of next week it will be going back. I have zero problems with internet connection on any of my other devices!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by calloused View Post
    Thanks guys but I have to say I am really disapointed in the internet connection. The unit droppes off the connection all the time. Even if I go stant a few feet from the routher. The two reasons why I bought this is one for it's intergration with Amazon Books (Kindle) and two for internet use! I will play with it a bit but I suspect by the end of next week it will be going back. I have zero problems with internet connection on any of my other devices!
    Before returning the Fire, try giving it a fixed IP (static) address. It works for some, not others, based on router/revision/firmware differences.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Maybe yours has a defect. My KF can literally stay connected to my router for days without losing the connection.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Have you tried to reboot the router? If not, turn it off for a couple of minutes and while it is off go ahead and " forget" ( aka delete) the network on the Fire.
    After a couple of minutes turn the router back on and reinput the network into the Fire.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I will try the two suggestions above. One question is how or where do I find a fixed IP address. I can see on the Fire where you can enter a manual IP but do not no all those items. I have a Cisco E2000 router. It is not that old.

Before returning the Fire, try giving it a fixed IP (static) address. It works for some, not others, based on router/revision/firmware differences.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I will try the two suggestions above. One question is how or where do I find a fixed IP address. I can see on the Fire where you can enter a manual IP but do not no all those items. I have a Cisco E2000 router. It is not that old.

http://support.unblock-us.com/custom...on-kindle-fire
    Hope that helps

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links