Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

New Member Here - got Kindle Fire last night

This is a discussion on New Member Here - got Kindle Fire last night within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I am going from a Nook Color running CM7 on sdcard, to a Kindle Fire. Didn't think I would do it. Concerned about app memory ...

Member #

New Member Here - got Kindle Fire last night

I am going from a Nook Color running CM7 on sdcard, to a Kindle Fire. Didn't think I would do it. Concerned about app memory space mostly. However, I sat with my Nook on one leg and KF on the other and downloaded the apps I use on the Nook to the KF. Most were downloaded using apk files, not the App Store. They included: B&N, Iheartradio, Myfitnesspal, Mantano, Adilko, Overdrive (library), and then downloaded some apps from the App Store.

I decided after really thinking about it that I really just wanted a good, smooth running ereader that I could browse the web on and play a game on if I wanted to. I don't need a tablet.

Couple of things - I did notice that apps I sideloaded either from getjar or 1mobile would try to update or notify me, if both carried the same app. This caused some confusion with it telling me my app space was not enough (I have 716mb of the 1GB left). Games -I like mystery puzzle games and downloaded 5. I understand I can remove those from my Device and keep them in the Cloud? Same with Books, music and video.

I'm looking forward to trying out Amazon Prime. This looks like something I would use alot, as much as I read. May have to pay the extra $25 a month to be able to tether the Fire to my Samsung Infuse.

Needs: Anti-glare screen protector (which I know will cut down on the sharp screen) and a good stylus. Reviews at Amazon on the stylus' are numerous, so not sure which one I want to get. I downloaded a handwriting app that converts to text that I think would be great to use every once in awhile - for the $.99 I paid. Also need a good case (recommendations?).

Anyway, trying it for 30 days (return period at Best Buy). Got the ADH warranty for a year (after that I am sure something else will be out that I will want and I"ve never dropped my sony or nook, anyway). Promised hubby I would sell my Nook Color to recoup some of the money.

Nice to meet everyone!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    ALOHA again & welcome

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi, welcome. Will it still work well if I connect 2 tablets and a blue ray player? I am new to wifi.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links