Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Screen Capture -- No, Not the Built-In One

This is a discussion on Screen Capture -- No, Not the Built-In One within the Kindle Fire HDX Forum forums, part of the Kindle Fire Device Specific Sections category; There are times when I need a screen capture, even though the app does not allow it. The Home/Volume keys capture works well when it ...

Member #

Question Screen Capture -- No, Not the Built-In One

There are times when I need a screen capture, even though the app does not allow it. The Home/Volume keys capture works well when it is allowed.

I tried many of the apps for the fire HDX which allow screen capture/record. Most are designed for motion capture as in recording gaming activities. I have not been able to find a way to capture a single screen when it is especially shy and doesn't want its picture taken.

A good example of a screen which I cannot capture is one that is on a main page in this forum. There seem to be three selection boxes below an ad near the top of the page. Only the top half of the box and the top half of the letters appear. If I have a way to capture the image, I would send it along. (BTW, I have not routed or sideloaded any apps.)

Anyone know of a way I can get a screen capture for pretty much any page on the Fire HDX?

Thanks much. All replies appreciated.

Jeanne

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I'm perhaps not understanding the problem, the built in screen capture will/ should capture the screen in its entirety , what do you mean when the app allows? a motion capture app will capture the screen just with out any motion. Iv just screen shot the main page and it copies it perfectly, what exactly happens when you try it ?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Here's a screen capture app that works very well, it motion capture, I can't find a still one, as I think no one bothers as all devices( except yours ) have that built in. , just leave it running for a minute, then you have time to view what ever it is your are copying, it also copies audio, if that's useful to you

https://apkdl.in/app/details?id=com....creenrecording

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    I'm perhaps not understanding the problem, the built in screen capture will/ should capture the screen in its entirety , what do you mean when the app allows? a motion capture app will capture the screen just with out any motion. Iv just screen shot the main page and it copies it perfectly, what exactly happens when you try it ?

Sorry. Let me be clearer. Some apps, such as one of my local newspapers will not allow the built in home/vol combo to work.
    I can't "clip" a recipe as I can with a physical newspaper.
    I get around this somewhat by sharing to Pocket and Dropbox. It can be time consuming, a bit cumbersome, and -- although not required -- tags to be applied or it is very difficult to find the saved content.

I'm not thrilled to have to use motion capture for several reasons, not the least of which is that video takes up a lot of space. So far I haven't found a video capture program which allows an easy snip of just one frame.

I appreciate your taking the time to reply. Another member mentioned a motion capture program, which I will try.

Any further ideas will be greatly accepted.

Thanks, again.

Jeanne

Member #
    I just realized you had posted twice. I thought it was another member. It's very nice of you to take the time to help. I will try the program you mentioned. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicMovieFan View Post
    I just realized you had posted twice. I thought it was another member. It's very nice of you to take the time to help. I will try the program you mentioned. Thanks.
    I wasn't aware that this problem existed, but I don't use apps to access newspapers ect, and it's feasable that the app changes the permissions and won't allow the screen capture to work, ?????

If the use a normal browser to access the publication then your in-house capture should work. Alternatively, you can either screen shot the motion capture vid or just record 10 a vs and hit the pause button on the v i d. That should keep the storage down to a min.
    I'm have a look and see if I can dig out a still capture

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    I wasn't aware that this problem existed, but I don't use apps to access newspapers ect, and it's feasable that the app changes the permissions and won't allow the screen capture to work, ?????

If the use a normal browser to access the publication then your in-house capture should work. Alternatively, you can either screen shot the motion capture vid or just record 10 a vs and hit the pause button on the v i d. That should keep the storage down to a min.
    I'm have a look and see if I can dig out a still capture
    Thanks. It doesn't seem to make a difference if text is viewed in a browser or in an app. The result is the same. Something disables the native ability to capture the screen.

Perhaps there is a way that the code or formatting in a page is able to defeat the built-in capture? I don't know anything about programming, so I have no idea.

Going out of town for a few days. Will try your suggestions when I get back post the results. Thanks again.

Jeanne

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links