Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Oh No, May Have To Send It Back

This is a discussion on Oh No, May Have To Send It Back within the Kindle Fire HDX Forum forums, part of the Kindle Fire Device Specific Sections category; Hi all, I have a question I hope someone will answer to let me know whether I should bother even opening the Fire when it ...

Member #

Oh No, May Have To Send It Back

Hi all, I have a question I hope someone will answer to let me know whether I should bother even opening the Fire when it arrives tomorrow. I so envy those that have unlimited broadband for streaming. However, there are many of us with severely limited internet choices that must pay for every gig a byte used. So,I have become concerned after reading about immediate video start with ASAP. As I understand it, when one starts browsing videos the system starts buffering (downloading?) vids it thinks I may pick. Is this correct? If it is correct, my question is can this feature be turned off?

I decided to use Amazon since it allows you to download movies as I could go elsewhere to download. But, I at least thought I would be able to no my browing/selecting at home

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site. I have a feeling that you can not turn this off. I have found that one needs to be careful with Amazon.

Member #
    The world is against you my friend if you do not have a large data plan. The videos on all sites and pre-loading are out of control and browsers seem to always be one step behind. It is true that some more experimental OS options or browser options on other platforms may put more control in your hands to limit this behavior but Amazon is an ecosystem of media content. Amazon's key demographic for their tablet is people who consume media. Bandwidth controls will likely not be at the forefront of development.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links