Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Accessing Home PC With Kindle Fire HD

This is a discussion on Accessing Home PC With Kindle Fire HD within the Kindle Fire HD General Discussion forums, part of the Kindle Fire Device Specific Sections category; Ok, noob here. I downloaded a really neat app (to my Kindle Fire HD) named ES File Explorer that can do all kinds of cool ...

Member #

Accessing Home PC With Kindle Fire HD

Ok, noob here.

I downloaded a really neat app (to my Kindle Fire HD) named ES File Explorer that can do all kinds of cool things. One thing is that it can let me access my home PC from my Kindle. It shows my home PC when I click "LAN", but when try to access it, it asks me to enter my username and password. I don't have one. The only user on my PC (which is Win 7 btw) is "Administrator", which is me, and it has no password. I am the only user in the house, and I have no desire to log onto my PC every time I boot it up. My guess is that in order to access it from the Kindle, I would have to create a user name and password, which I don't want to do. But I thought I'd check here and see if there is anyone knowledgeable about ES File Explorer.

Thanks in advance !!!
    Never ask permission when you can beg forgiveness later.

Member #

Passwords

Quote Originally Posted by cmacord View Post
    Ok, noob here.

I downloaded a really neat app (to my Kindle Fire HD) named ES File Explorer that can do all kinds of cool things. One thing is that it can let me access my home PC from my Kindle. It shows my home PC when I click "LAN", but when try to access it, it asks me to enter my username and password. I don't have one. The only user on my PC (which is Win 7 btw) is "Administrator", which is me, and it has no password. I am the only user in the house, and I have no desire to log onto my PC every time I boot it up. My guess is that in order to access it from the Kindle, I would have to create a user name and password, which I don't want to do. But I thought I'd check here and see if there is anyone knowledgeable about ES File Explorer.

Thanks in advance !!!
    ES is using SMB which I cannot help with, same problem here, no known password will work.
    I prefer using FTP because I have swiftp app on each phone and tablet and I have Filezilla (portable freeware version) installed on thumb drive so I can connect any PC to any phone or tablet. So I accesss my devices from software on PC.
    The Filezilla screen look a lot like a windows file explorer. You run swiftp on the tablet or phone with simple setting and user/pw something easy like ftp/ftp. Then in Filezilla you enter the data from each tablets server and save connection as "Marys Phone" or whatever and it is done. Filezilla will remember the PWs for each server as you add them. Neat and works a charm. You are using internet basically so no windows voodoo.

Member #
    Might be a lot easier to use FTP server on Tablet and access from Filezilla on computer. I can move anything either way on either computer or any phone, Kindle etc.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links