I presently own an iMac and an iPhone. I have decided that I would really like to have an eBook reader (tablet) when traveling and I think that the Kindle Fire would be good choice .... besides, I am also an Amazon Prime member already. However, outside of being able to purchase/read eBooks, I also have a few specific needs that I would like to have met as it relates to an eBook reader tablet.

1. I want the display to be color.
2. I want to be able to access MLBTV through an app on the tablet as I am an avid baseball fan.
3. I have numerous documents on the iMac that are either in a word document (doc or docx) or in a TXT file. Most preferably, I would like to access them through an external drive attached to the tablet or at least be able to download and access them from a separate file within the tablet.

As I believe that the kindle fire has a color display already, the first requirement is certainly met.
I checked with MLBTV and they state that the At Bat MLB app can be used on:

- Kindle Fire, (2nd generation only)
- Kindle Fire HD 7"
- Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (not to include 2nd generation)
- Kindle Fire HDX

So what I need help with is ..... will any of the Kindle Fire models as specified above which will open the MLBTV app, satisfy my 3rd requirement of accessing Word and TXT documents and provide for the external drive or be downloadable to the Kindle Fire? And if so, since I will most likely be purchasing this Kindle on eBay, what specific model number will I need to look for?

Thanks to one and all that can help me in this endeavor.

JHK49
Leesburg, GA