Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Remove Special Offers

This is a discussion on Remove Special Offers within the Kindle Fire HD General Discussion forums, part of the Kindle Fire Device Specific Sections category; I am new to this forum and to Kindle Fires. I have a KF HD 8.9 running 8.5.1_5159720. I am not sure which generation this ...

Member #

Remove Special Offers

I am new to this forum and to Kindle Fires. I have a KF HD 8.9 running 8.5.1_5159720. I am not sure which generation this KF is. It is the BOC9 model if that is helpful. It might be a 2nd or 3rd generation. I would like to remove the special offers that appear on the lock screen. Also, I would like to uninstall some of the stock apps. I was reading through some of the other posts. I understand that you freeze or uninstall stock apps. First, I know that you have to ROOT the KF. Obviously, I don't want to brick the device. I do know that you run that risk of bricking the device.

1. What is the best method to ROOT any Kindle Fires?

2. Which tool or utility would I use to ROOT the KF?

3. Which program would I use to freeze or uninstall the stock apps?

4. Is there a list of stock apps that should not be tampered with or touched?

Any suggestion or help is appreciated.

Member #
    I share this question. And mostly I find it a bit sinister that there have been no replies to this question after seven months?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links