Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle HD Will Not Switch On

This is a discussion on Kindle HD Will Not Switch On within the Kindle Fire HD General Discussion forums, part of the Kindle Fire Device Specific Sections category; Hi My son accidently pulled his Kindle of his bedroom side table onto the carpet while it was charging and damaged the charger end that ...

Member #

Kindle HD Will Not Switch On

Hi

My son accidently pulled his Kindle of his bedroom side table onto the carpet while it was charging and damaged the charger end that goes into the Kindle , I had a look into the charger port on the Kindle with a strong magnifier and there does not seem to be any damage , but now it will not turn on or charge , when you switch it on all that comes on the screen is the charging battery sign with 1 bar showing on the bottom , that shows even trhough the charger is not connected , I have tried to reset by holding the power button on for 20 secs but no look , I would not of thought that it could be damaged inside from a small drop on to a soft carpet , any one have any idea has to what I can do , I could open it but not sure what to look for ! .

cheers

spike

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site. Sounds to me like you will need to get it repaired.

Member #
    If it has an SD card, remove it.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links