Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

HD8.9 has become painfully slow

This is a discussion on HD8.9 has become painfully slow within the Kindle Fire HD General Discussion forums, part of the Kindle Fire Device Specific Sections category; Using the internet has become very slow. I get the Silk not responding message quite often. Seems a little bit faster if I switch to ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

HD8.9 has become painfully slow

Using the internet has become very slow. I get the Silk not responding
    message quite often.

Seems a little bit faster if I switch to 4G and turn off WiFi.

John

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Go to settings/applications/all/silk and delete cache, and data.

Beta 4.5 Tap'n
    Welcome aboard, Please PM me for any help....

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    You might want to try a different browser. I would suggest Opera Mini, it is very small, but very quick. I use its big brother Opera Mobile myself, larger;but very capable. Both a available from 1Mobile or GetJar. fdalbor

Member #
    Will the opera browser let me watch videos online as well? I try to watch a video here and there, and i always get a prompt saying to download flashplayer. And when i try to, it doesnt work.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    There is a browser called Dolphin that you can install flash player on to. It is also available from 1Mobile and Getjar. Flash is being phased out and is no longer supported by very many browsers. Its odd because I have my original Fire (generation one) and it supports flash in Silk, but my newer 7"HD does not unless I use Dolphin. fdalbor

Member #
    I been trying to download dolphin, cant seem to figure it out. Also when i download a document,where does it save to? Dont mean to sound ignorant, i just can figure this thing out.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Where are you trying to download Dolphin from? With both 1mobile and Getjar you should be able to download it from their sites and after the download it should ask you if you want to install it, just click yes. Usually when you download a document it goes in the document folder on your Fire. Sometimes it does not do that and it goes to the download folder. Do you have ES-File Explorer so you can check your folders and find the files you are looking for. Don't worry about sounding ignorant, you're not. I remembered when I started a little over a year ago it took me two months to fine the apks to install 1mobile and getjar. I was totally lost during that time and thought I would never get the apps I wanted. Its a trial and error game and I've had a lot of trials and a ton of errors. Still do and will have more in the future.

Save this post and in time you will look at it and laugh. Take your time, things will come togeather in time. If I can help in any way just ask. There are several people on here that know alot more than I do, and they all are willing help when they can. We just had a head start on you, thats all. But we were all in your boat at one time in the beginning. fdalbor

Member #
    Thank you. I got to getjar, found the dolphin browser and tried to download it. Told me to try again later. We'll see what happens later... thank you for your help...

Ads