Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Help with how to install third party software when you cannot connect to the internet

This is a discussion on Help with how to install third party software when you cannot connect to the internet within the Kindle Fire HD General Discussion forums, part of the Kindle Fire Device Specific Sections category; Here is the situation. I heard that you can use ES file explorer to detect and install apk apps to kindle fire HD but i ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bunyonb

Thread: Help with how to install third party software when you cannot connect to the internet

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Unhappy Help with how to install third party software when you cannot connect to the internet

Here is the situation. I heard that you can use ES file explorer to detect and install apk apps to kindle fire HD but i cannot get ES file explorer because i cannot connect to the internet to get it. My Kindle Fire HD absolutely refuses to go on the internet though it was able to connect to the network and after so many trials I am absolutely dissatisfied with this product. I cannot install third party apps because I do not have ES file explorer and I am asking anyone in this community if they know any way i can get ES file explorer on my system when you dont have internet on the kindle? However all my other devices in my household are working fine with the router( Two laptops a Kindle HD fire just like mine and a samsung galaxy tab 2 is able to connect to the internet successfully) SO i am wondering if you can get internet via connecting the kindle to my laptop via USB to get internet(Tethering)? I cannot even rturn the product as the store people have a no refund policy plus it was the only one left and very expesnive. I have reasosn to beleive that this kindle is a dud, Its a manufacturing disaster. I wish my country did more to protect consumers. Please Note: The kindle fire HD is working fine with other networks as i have tried it with a public hotspot in a computer store and it connected fine without any problems. It just wont work with my router. I signed up to amazon when i was at the store so that I would be able to access books,videos, and music. What am i suppose to do now?

EDIT: PLEASE IGNORE THI MESSAGE. IAHVE FOUND THE REASON WHY MY KINDLE IS NOT CONNECTING TO THE ITNERNET AND IT IS NOW FIXED.
    Last edited by bunyonb; 12-25-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Would you care to share what your solution was?
    Thank you.
    There's not a lot of traffic for the newer Fire lineup yet and I'm just a newb as y'all are when trouble shooting.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From a Beano

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    Would you care to share what your solution was?
    Thank you.
    There's not a lot of traffic for the newer Fire lineup yet and I'm just a newb as y'all are when trouble shooting.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From a Beano
    The router was blocking an unwanted neighbour off the network by restricting him from accessing the internet using his Mac Address. Somehow it was also bocking my kindle too !!!!! even though the other devices were able to connect without problems. Very strange because MAC ADDRESSES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE UNIQUE but it worked when i disabled the access restriction from the router now I am able to browse the web and install third party apps like ES explorer. So my advise would be to make sure that the router isnt filtering mac addresses or blocking them by going into the routers web interface.
    mountainbikermark likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links