Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Kindle fire HD 7" 16 GB connects to the network but wont connect to the internet

This is a discussion on My Kindle fire HD 7" 16 GB connects to the network but wont connect to the internet within the Kindle Fire HD General Discussion forums, part of the Kindle Fire Device Specific Sections category; I bought a kindle fire HD 7" 16GB tablet from yesterday and I am really perplexed as to why it wont connect to the internet. ...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Unhappy My Kindle fire HD 7" 16 GB connects to the network but wont connect to the internet

I bought a kindle fire HD 7" 16GB tablet from yesterday and I am really perplexed as to why it wont connect to the internet. I have a friend who has the same kindle as mine but she is able to connect without any problems browsing and all. All the devices: two acer laptops, a samsung galaxy tab and her kindle were able to connect via the linksys WRT54G router but my kindle wont connect to it. I keep seeing a little "X" at the wifi signal inidcator and I cannot browse or do anything but I am connected to the network. I have tried rebooting the router and switching on/off my kindle device and its wifi. I even tried using the router without a WPA2 security password on it or using a different encryption type like WEP or WPA and it still wont connect to the itnernet. I heard some stories where people fixed this by making the name of their router (SSID) one word instead of two words with a space and they were able to connect to the internet but the SSID for my router is one word so it doesnt work for me. The firmware on the kindle when i bought it was older than the kindle my friend had. the firmware version at the time was 7.1.x something i dont really remember the exact number but I updated the firmware to 7.2.3 and it is still giving the same problem. Can anyone in this community help me out?
    Last edited by bunyonb; 12-25-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Omfg omfg omfg i found the problem. It was the access restriction. I was blocking my neighbour using his mac address. It seems as if somehow it is also blocking the tablet

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links