Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How many here have upgraded to the KF HD?

This is a discussion on How many here have upgraded to the KF HD? within the Kindle Fire HD General Discussion forums, part of the Kindle Fire Device Specific Sections category; Haven't seen very many posts from people that have upgraded to the KF HD. Is there a different forum somewhere that discusses only the new ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How many here have upgraded to the KF HD?

Member #
    Liked
    10 times

How many here have upgraded to the KF HD?

Haven't seen very many posts from people that have upgraded to the KF HD. Is there a different forum somewhere that discusses only the new KFs?

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by strollin View Post
    Haven't seen very many posts from people that have upgraded to the KF HD. Is there a different forum somewhere that discusses only the new KFs?
    I upgraded, and wrote a bit of my experiences in my own forum section here:

Amazon Kindle HD 7 First Impressions

Kindle Fire HD Second Impressions vs iPad3, Nexus 7, NOOK tablet, Xoom, Playbook

One of the best things about the HD is its wifi. I thought it was a bit overhyped, but it actually does hold up better over longer distances. Where my other tablets lose signal, the fire hd still has full internet access.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Yes, I saw your writeup. Are you the only one on this forum that got the KF HD?
    dvdcatalyst likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I welcomed a member yesterday asking about stuff for theirs.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From a Beano

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by strollin View Post
    Yes, I saw your writeup. Are you the only one on this forum that got the KF HD?
    I haven't seen much from other people. Maybe they are all waiting for the 32GB version. I wasn't too pleased with Amazon for releasing the 32GB a month after the 16GB one. I actually had the 32GB on pre-order, but ended up canceling it for the 16GB due to my work.

Member #
    I bought my Fire HD as soon as it was available. So far I really like just about everything about it. It is definitely a big improvement over my old Fire.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Just got one yesterday, went home and charged it up, turned it on and "safe mode" stays on the lower left corner, anyone know how to get it out of safe mode?

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I read on another forum that you can boot into safe mode on the KFHD by pressing/holding both volume buttons while booting. Rebooting without holding the buttons should boot normally. Perhaps you are accidentally holding the buttons or they are stuck? Could be you got a defective unti.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I upgraded my wife's KF to the KF HD. She uses the tablet to read and play a few games, although she still prefers the 10.1" ASUS TF300 for playing games. She likes to read outside on the deck and the KF HD has made that possible whereas it was virtually impossible with the original KF. She hasn't complained about the ads on the lockscreen. Overall she seems to be happy with the upgrade.
    ASUS TF300, 32GB w/Dock (Thanks TFF)
    Nexus 7, 16GB
    Kindle Fire HD, 7"
    Samsung Epic 4G

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP View Post
    I upgraded my wife's KF to the KF HD. She uses the tablet to read and play a few games, although she still prefers the 10.1" ASUS TF300 for playing games. She likes to read outside on the deck and the KF HD has made that possible whereas it was virtually impossible with the original KF. She hasn't complained about the ads on the lockscreen. Overall she seems to be happy with the upgrade.
    You've answered my question on the reading outside. I'm wanting a Paperwhite to be able to do all my reading on 1 device but production under runs and lots of quality issues , or lack of might be a better term, being reported I'm rethinking the idea. Most times I forget to sync my Kindle Touch before leaving wifi with it and it's a nuisance manually looking for the previous spot. I was gonna skip the HD but might rethink it now. The Touch kills my eyes trying to read at night with only a small light on it.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From a Beano

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links