Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Amazon Fire HD 10 Questions

This is a discussion on Amazon Fire HD 10 Questions within the Kindle Fire HD General Discussion forums, part of the Kindle Fire Device Specific Sections category; ok i'm new to the Amazon Fire HD 10 device. actually i do not have one yet always stayed away because they did not get ...

Member #

Amazon Fire HD 10 Questions

ok i'm new to the Amazon Fire HD 10 device. actually i do not have one yet always stayed away because they did not get the playstore. but now i understand they can get the playstore so i'm now looking at getting one.

but before i get one of these devices i need to find out if they can use an adapter to get on my network thru the cat5 cables? i'm sure they can do wifi seem all tablets can but i use the table for a monitor to show my security cameras. the wifi will show them but has a large lag so connecting this to my network via an adapter and cat5 cable should make it much faster. i'm told i need android 6.1 or better to get the tablets to use the internet via a cat5 cable and adapter. plus being these have 32gb i'm hoping they will be fast enough to make the cameras look like the monitors on the dvr/nvr unit.

or if maybe these units have the hdmi port that will let me plug it into the hdmi on my dvr/nvr and view the cameras like the monitor is doing now. i have the cat5 cable and hdmi adapters now for that. but some say the tablets can't receive video from another source but only send out the feed to a monitor or tv.

so if anyone has done this or happens to know that this is possible please let me know. thanks much for any help

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by corvairbob View Post
    ok i'm new to the Amazon Fire HD 10 device. actually i do not have one yet always stayed away because they did not get the playstore. but now i understand they can get the playstore so i'm now looking at getting one.

but before i get one of these devices i need to find out if they can use an adapter to get on my network thru the cat5 cables? i'm sure they can do wifi seem all tablets can but i use the table for a monitor to show my security cameras. the wifi will show them but has a large lag so connecting this to my network via an adapter and cat5 cable should make it much faster. i'm told i need android 6.1 or better to get the tablets to use the internet via a cat5 cable and adapter. plus being these have 32gb i'm hoping they will be fast enough to make the cameras look like the monitors on the dvr/nvr unit.

or if maybe these units have the hdmi port that will let me plug it into the hdmi on my dvr/nvr and view the cameras like the monitor is doing now. i have the cat5 cable and hdmi adapters now for that. but some say the tablets can't receive video from another source but only send out the feed to a monitor or tv.

so if anyone has done this or happens to know that this is possible please let me know. thanks much for any help
    dont know, but as is expensive to find out, id guess not

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links