Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Using Google Calendar

This is a discussion on Using Google Calendar within the Kindle Fire HD General Discussion forums, part of the Kindle Fire Device Specific Sections category; I have Google Calendar on my Samsung S3 phone, on a Windows 10 tablet and also on my relatively new Kindle Fire HD. Calendar entries ...

Member #

Using Google Calendar

I have Google Calendar on my Samsung S3 phone, on a Windows 10 tablet and also on my relatively new Kindle Fire HD. Calendar entries made on the Kindle show up on the Kindle only while entries made on the other two devices show up on all three devices. Any clue to why the entries made on the Kindle don't update the calendars on the other two devices?

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nation99 View Post
    I have Google Calendar on my Samsung S3 phone, on a Windows 10 tablet and also on my relatively new Kindle Fire HD. Calendar entries made on the Kindle show up on the Kindle only while entries made on the other two devices show up on all three devices. Any clue to why the entries made on the Kindle don't update the calendars on the other two devices?

Thanks!
    They don't play particularly well together, that's google and Amazon, rather than the devices, id suspect the permission required is restricted on the fire, don't know if you can over come/ get round this or not, or if a better idea would be putting an Amazon or other calendar r on all three or just pick your phone up to see where your supposed to be !
    Last edited by jobo; 08-01-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    They don't play particularly well together, that's google and Amazon, rather than the devices, id suspect the permission required is restricted on the fire, don't know if you can over come/ get round this or not, or if a better idea would be putting an Amazon or other calendar r on all three or just pick your phone up to see where your supposed to be !
    Jobo,

Thanks for the reply. Since I have no cell service at my home, my phone is not always handy. I did wonder about using another calendar app that might sync with all three devices. Do you have any recommendations?

Dave

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nation99 View Post
    Jobo,

Thanks for the reply. Since I have no cell service at my home, my phone is not always handy. I did wonder about using another calendar app that might sync with all three devices. Do you have any recommendations?

Dave
    They need to be on the same wifi system to sync, which then has me wondering, if your phones on wifi why is the lack of cell service an issue or do you mean not to hand, as in its on the other side of the room.

No sorry, I decided that syncing devices was a lot more trouble, than just getting my phone, a man with two watches never knows what time it is,, try a few andsee what happens

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links