Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page Turning Options

This is a discussion on Page Turning Options within the Kindle Fire HD General Discussion forums, part of the Kindle Fire Device Specific Sections category; I have a Fire HD 8 w Alexa, 16g. I'm generally happy with it, but...a few weeks ago it presented me with the option of ...

Member #

Page Turning Options

I have a Fire HD 8 w Alexa, 16g. I'm generally happy with it, but...a few weeks ago it presented me with the option of scrolling pages up or down, like the pg up and pg down on a PC. I decided to try it; after a while I wanted to go back to the "standard" swipe left or right. I couldn't find a way to do so! The free guide to Kindle was of no help, and I haven't found a method on the device. Then a few days ago it went back to the swipe model...but now it's back to the pg up and pg down.

I hope someone has a solution! I read a lot of non-fiction and I try to view footnotes. With the swipe mode footnotes can appear at the bottom of the page, pg up/pg down takes me to a list of many footnotes, returning to my place in the text is difficult.

Member #
    A respondent on an Amazon forum solved the problem!

"Have you tried this?

Continuous Scrolling - To read with continuous scrolling, tap anywhere on the page when you are reading your book. Then tap on the icon at the top of the screen to open up the menu. Tap on the Continuous Scrolling toggle switch to turn continuous scrolling on or off.
    I hope this helps!"

All is well, now... until the next problem, or "issue" occurs.
    I'm old enough to remember when a software program, which in a sense the Kindle is, came with a comprehensive manual outlining and explaining the item's various functions. My Pentax K 5 DSLR has a manual of some 300 plus pages! I'm sure that the equivalent models from Canon and Nikon have equally comprehensive manuals. Is it too much to ask that the various Kindles have similar documentation? Even if only online? And then there are the various "smartphones".....

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links