Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Trying To Put A Large Movie File Onto Fire 8

This is a discussion on Trying To Put A Large Movie File Onto Fire 8 within the Kindle Fire HD General Discussion forums, part of the Kindle Fire Device Specific Sections category; Hey all, I got a kindle fire 8 for our son for Christmas and would like to put some movie files on it for him ...

Member #

Trying To Put A Large Movie File Onto Fire 8

Hey all, I got a kindle fire 8 for our son for Christmas and would like to put some movie files on it for him for car trips. I have some of our blu-rays converted to mkv files and I'm trying to figure out how to get them on the kindle? on tops out at 25gb (large, i know) and we have a 64 GB sd card in the fire. If the fire formats it for seamless storage, i can't put the file on because it wont let me put it directly onto the sd card from our pc and it maxes out the storage internally. If I format the card for file usage, then the card is formatted so that I can't put large files on it, even though its apparently formatted in exFAT. I'm not sure what to do here. I feel like I have the storage, I have the device, it's 2019, I should just be able to put the file on the device. any guidance?
    Thank You
    movies download movies at forum
    Last edited by Tonnystark; 01-14-2019 at 12:49 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonnystark View Post
    Hey all, I got a kindle fire 8 for our son for Christmas and would like to put some movie files on it for him for car trips. I have some of our blu-rays converted to mkv files and I'm trying to figure out how to get them on the kindle? on tops out at 25gb (large, i know) and we have a 64 GB sd card in the fire. If the fire formats it for seamless storage, i can't put the file on because it wont let me put it directly onto the sd card from our pc and it maxes out the storage internally. If I format the card for file usage, then the card is formatted so that I can't put large files on it, even though its apparently formatted in exFAT. I'm not sure what to do here. I feel like I have the storage, I have the device, it's 2019, I should just be able to put the file on the device. any guidance?
    I don't load files from my computer and I don't use mkv files, which are known to be a) HUGE and b) temperamental, so perhaps a few pointers,

If the computer won't load the SD card then i would suspect , either you haven't got the correct driver or the problem is with the mkv files and their comparability with the card, can you load mp4s on to it ? If so then the easy answer is to convert the mkv files to mp4s, which will also have the benefit of shrinking them substantially, which would also allow them il to be moved directly to the Kindle and then to the SD card, you don't really need blue ray quality on an 8" fire

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links