Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Difficulty Charging HD 10

This is a discussion on Difficulty Charging HD 10 within the Kindle Fire HD General Discussion forums, part of the Kindle Fire Device Specific Sections category; I recently began having difficulty charging my Kindle Fire HD 10. The obvious symptom is that the battery indicator shows it is charging but the ...

Member #

Unhappy Difficulty Charging HD 10

I recently began having difficulty charging my Kindle Fire HD 10. The obvious symptom is that the battery indicator shows it is charging but the percentage does not increase. Initially the converter box that is plugged into the wall warms slightly and then cools back down. Once in a while I will get lucky and it will actually take a charge. I have tried charging while powered down, and also while powered up, same outcome.

Numerous times I have done the "hold the power button for 20 seconds" routine - sometimes it seems to work, other times it does not. I have replaced cable and charger [both Amazon products]. Worthy of note: I have an older Kindle and it charges fine using the same cable.

I have had it only since April so I assume it is under warranty but if there is a fix without going through the warranty issue hassle, I will try it.
    Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jsfrisbie View Post
    I recently began having difficulty charging my Kindle Fire HD 10. The obvious symptom is that the battery indicator shows it is charging but the percentage does not increase. Initially the converter box that is plugged into the wall warms slightly and then cools back down. Once in a while I will get lucky and it will actually take a charge. I have tried charging while powered down, and also while powered up, same outcome.

Numerous times I have done the "hold the power button for 20 seconds" routine - sometimes it seems to work, other times it does not. I have replaced cable and charger [both Amazon products]. Worthy of note: I have an older Kindle and it charges fine using the same cable.

I have had it only since April so I assume it is under warranty but if there is a fix without going through the warranty issue hassle, I will try it.
    Thanks.
    Well it could be the battery?, its a premature failure if it is,but nearly all battery problems are charger / lead problems, but you have replaced those,
    Try charging it off a USB port, if you don't have a computer most tvs have one, this has a good success rate for unsticking, sticky batteries, though it may take a good while if it's a USB 2

I rescued a 7 " with the same issue, that way

Another point to consider is if you have purchased the replacement charger and lead for a 10" as the ones for the 7" 8. " will not charge the 10" which has a significantly larger battery, ( the 7" has a 5 w charger the 10" a 12w)the original charger/ lead for the 10" is only just adequate for the task, and charging I much improved with a 15w )charger and a good quality lead, which the Amazon one isn't,s
    Last edited by jobo; 12-18-2018 at 07:30 AM.

Member #
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will try the charging from a USB on computer, and also will check which charger I am using.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links