Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

iBooks can the be transfered to Kindle Fire

This is a discussion on iBooks can the be transfered to Kindle Fire within the Kindle Fire Books forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Extras category; I have books on my iPhone that I would like to read on my KF, is there a way to accomplish this? I know Amazon ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times

iBooks can the be transfered to Kindle Fire

I have books on my iPhone that I would like to read on my KF, is there a way to accomplish this? I know Amazon has an app for the Iphone to read Kindle books and it works great, but just wondering if the other route is available.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sstuner View Post
    I have books on my iPhone that I would like to read on my KF, is there a way to accomplish this? I know Amazon has an app for the Iphone to read Kindle books and it works great, but just wondering if the other route is available.
    I am unclear with what you mean by "other route."

Short answer - no, if they have been purchased from the iBookstore.

If they are books purchased from Amazon, all your books will appear in your Archives on each device that is registered to your Amazon account.

In order to be able to transfer/read other ebooks on your Kindle Fire they must:

1. Be DRM-free

2. Be in .mobi, .prc, or .azw to read in the Kindle app, or ePub can be read in third-party apps such as Mantano, nook, Aldiko.

DRM-free books can be quickly converted from one format to another with Calibre (desktop shareware).

Unfortunately, the Apple control freaks decided to develop their own version of DRM for their books
    and there are not yet (as far as I know) "tools" to liberate them. It's far easier to purchase and use from Amazon and B&N.
    Last edited by Skydog; 12-05-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Thank you Skydog.

It's a shame that Apple locks their stuff down, I just thought there was a way to do this since I purchased the books.

DrivetheGreen66
    Good Information for everyone Skydog.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Thank you Skydog.

It's a shame that Apple locks their stuff down, I just thought there was a way to do this since I purchased the books.
    Yes, it is a shame, particularly in light of what happened with the music industry and where we are now -- DRM-free mp3s for sale at a reasonable price. What a concept.

Not only did Steve Jobs lock down everything he touched, he is responsible for the high ebook prices today. He and the "Price Fix Six" publishers, with the goal of "neutralizing" Amazon, cooked up a deal where publishers are now dictating the prices and retailers are not allowed to discount. The end of competetion finished off some smaller, independent ebook sellers. So what were once the "no more than $9.99" bestsellers at Amazon, B&N and other retailers are now priced at or near a hardback but without the ability to loan it out, give it away or sell it. The only thing this has done is tick off the consumer and increased piracy. Until they pull their collective heads out of the sand, we will be restricted from using our devices as we like.

As a matter of fact, a news article today reported that the EU is commencing litigation against Apple for the price-fixing of ebooks. I also read some months ago that several U.S. Attorneys General were gathering data to do the same. Who knows if anything will result from it -- I'm not holding my breath.
    Last edited by Skydog; 12-07-2011 at 02:41 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivetheGreen66 View Post
    Good Information for everyone Skydog.
    Happy to help.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Swimming against the tide here and I understand why folks find it frustrating that they cannot purchase a single copy of a book and read it (natively) with any device, but the Apple bashing seems a bit hypocritical since virtually every firm tries to limit the use of content to the devices they sell. Furthermore, though the analogy is not exact, consider this hypothetical.

You walk into a local bookstore and buy a book. (Yes, these stores and products still exist.) Then you walk down the street to another store and ask the bookseller to give you another copy free of charge, arguing that since you've already purchased the book the store should give you another copy.

Member #
    Yes, i just got to know that Apple ibooks can de read on Kindle now, even can be supported on PC because the iBooks Fairplay DRM has been cracked with ibooks drm removal.
    Actually, you can search more detaild information on iBOOKS drm, and leran how to transfer iBooks to Kindle Fire by the tutorial here http://www.epubor.com/read-ibooks-on-kindle.html. You will be excited!
    Last edited by Mache; 03-13-2012 at 03:32 AM.

Member #

ibooks on kindle

Oh, sstuner,I am wondering have you solved your problem?

Ads